Chapter 6

Hey guys! Super sorry I didn't write yesterday, I was a little busy. My b, my b. I hope y'all enjoy this chapter! P.S it's hella hot in Texas -Trina

Its been a week since I've seen Sam or the rest of the boys. That's also pretty much the last time I ate something. Not only does my heart hurt, but my body is sick as well. I don't think I've ever been this sick and no medicine I take makes me feel any better. I'm slowly shuffling around my freezing house trying to find my hiking boots. Even though I'm sick, I've been able to find some type of peace in the woods. In the afternoons regardless of how I'm feeling, I spend 4 or 5 hours sitting in the woods. Sometimes I read. Sometimes I write, and sometimes, I just sit there and let the hollow feeling in my soul consume me.

I work as a book reviewer for a large company in New York. I make about $300 a review, and I've been reviewing since I was a senior in high school. I'm 21 so all things considered that's pretty good money and I don't ever have to leave the house. So I grab a backpack and put my laptop and the current book I'm working on and head out the door. To avoid Jacob or Sam coming over to look at my truck, Johnny was kind enough to let me park it behind his house. Johnny is dead set on talking to me and getting everything back to normal. He knocks on my door at least 3 times a day trying to get me to go see Billy, and threatens to get my pickup towed. I know he won't, so I don't even bother with him. I just don't understand why he's trying so hard. I mean yeah he's a cool old dude that I've found this weird sort of friendship with, but he hardly knows me. I'm just some random depressed girl running away from my problems. Why is it that he's being more attentive to me then my actual family ever did? I ponder on this idea as I change into something warmer. With my heavy backpack, hiking attire, and weary soul, I start the mile walk to my usual hiking trail.

(This is what Emerson is wearing, not what she looks like. I leave that to your imagination!)

I've been walking for a while now and have come across this beautiful little river

I've been walking for a while now and have come across this beautiful little river. The rocks surrounding it seem pretty stable. I stand there for a second, contemplating crossing, I've never been on this side before. I make up my mind and make the short but risky walk over. Somehow it seems quieter on this side. There's no deer snorts or bird calls, just the wind and my thoughts. I find a place under a tree near the river that I can sit and do some work. Honestly this book is trash and I can hardly keep my eyes open. It's sad that I get payed to talk good or bad about an authors work, but regardless I set out to finish the book and review. I've been sitting out here for about 3 hours finishing up my book and the corresponding review, and my legs are starting to cramp. With a bend and a few bone cracks, I decide to go roam this side of the river and just let my feet take me where they please. It's not like anyone's waiting for me back at the house. I guess it's may because of the lack of food or my tiredness, but I find myself tripping over a small branch. I feel like I'm falling in slow motion and I can feel the impact before it even reaches me. My head hits the ground beneath my feet, I see black.

I wake to darkness, it's almost like I never woke up. I slowly and painfully gather myself and do a pat down of my body. I have a small cut on my brow where it took the impact and got cut on a small rock. And unfortunately a killer headache had made a home in my head. I can't quite remember what direction I came from. I try not to panic, and decide to try to figure out which way to go. I walk a few feet ahead of me and instantly hear a noice to my left. Before I have time to react I'm met with an astonishingly beautiful pale man. His eyes look at me wearily then quickly switch to concerned when I stumble on my feet. "Woah there it's alright I got you." He lightly says while grabbing onto my arm with a semi firm grip. I instantly back away with a stumble and and look at him incredulously. "Who are you and what do you want?" I say with a slight groan. A small smile appears on his face, "My name is Carlisle Cullen, I'm the head doctor at Forks hospital. I was taking my nightly walk when I heard someone over here. I'm just came to see if someone needed any help. There aren't usually any people out here this late" He says. "Ah now I can put a face to the name, Johnny talks about you often. I was just working on some stuff out here, then tripped and hit my head. Your son and Chief Swans daughter are married correct?" I finish with a pause. "Yes in fact they are! Such a small town this is. I don't mean to be forward but, you seem to have a cut on your head. My house is a mile or so away I can take you there and stitch it up for you. My family would be more then happy to meet someone new." He says with a sparkling smile. I don't need help from anyone. And I definitely don't need any unnecessary socialization with these people. "Um I'll just fix it myself if that's alright. Could you point me to the direction of the main road?" He looks unconvinced but points north anyhow. "Thank you Dr. Cullen for your help." I end. I take one step and a instant pounding comes to my head and I stumble forward. "Alright that's it." He starts, "You're coming to my home." I agree with a nod while he slings my arm across his shoulders. "What's your name?" He asks. "Emerson." I say, "But you can call me Em."

ANOTHER CHAPTER!!! Whoot whoot the happy train just rolled into town. This chapter was another stepping stone into the full story. Sam has imprinted and the Cullen's are going to be met, it's a good day. Also I'd like to point out, if it wasn't already obvious, Emily doesn't exist in this story. Leah and Sam also didn't have a thing, but Leah is still a pack member. Thank you guys for reading! It would mean a lot if you comment. :)) -Trina