One

Lagos, Nigeria
Late May

"All right, what do you see?" Steve inquired to Wanda, who had the best view of the police station. I was sitting across the café from her and Natasha. Steve and Sam were out of sight.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target."

"Theres an ATM in the south corner, which means..."

"Cameras."

"Both cross streets are one way."

"So, compromised escape routes."

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve pointed out.

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute," she shrugged.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us," Natasha said knowingly, sipping her coffee.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" she replied.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature," Nat told her, turning to glance at her.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam teased her. I snickered quietly.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?"

"Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him," Steve interjected, ending the banter.

"If he sees us coming, that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us," I pointed out, rolling my eyes. Rumlow was too far gone at this point. It was quiet for a moment, and I sipped my iced tea.

"Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it," Steve ordered, seeing something we couldn't.

"That truck is loaded for max weight. And the drivers armed," Sam informed us.

"It's a battering ram," I realized, glancing at the two near me.

"Go now!" Steve barked. I immediately jumped up from my seat. I squeezed through several people and took off down the road.

"What?" Wanda questioned, still confused.

"He's not hitting the police," Natasha answered, having disappeared into thin air.

"Body armor, AR-15's. I make seven hostiles," Steve relayed, being the first to arrive. I could see Sam in the distance, landing in the courtyard of the infectious disease building. Wanda blew past as well. I picked up the pace and hopped over the rubble the truck had left when breaking through the gate.

Steve, Sam, and Wanda were there and had taken out a few men already. I came to a halt next to Sam and stared up at the building. Sam was using red wing to scan for them through the walls.

"Rumlow is on the third floor."

"Wanda, just like we practiced," Steve instructed, backing up to get a good running start. I kept scanning the courtyard for any more who might try to sneak up.

"What about the gas?"

"Get it out."

Steve dashed towards the building and used one of the vehicles to launch himself upward. Wanda quickly used her powers to fly him through one of the third-floor windows. As soon as he was in, she started working on getting the gas out of the building. The windows shattered as the gas came bursting out, spraying glass everywhere.