26| Sexy Hunk

Met settled down between Jade and Sean on the couch, across from him was Ruby, Leo and Renee.

"Congratulations on the merger," said Ruby. "You're both going to be busy as hell for the next few months."

"Music to my ears," replied Met.

"Uh huh," Sean added.

"Selfish bastards," muttered Jade.

Met laughed. "You're the only exception baby."

Jade seemed satisfied with that.

"Regarding the issue of fraud. We might have a lead, but it's complicated."

"Okay explain," said Sean.

Everyone was tense, this was really important and the suspense was thicker than mud. Met leaned forward and focused on Leo as he began to speak.

"The weird activity we detected," Leo began. "We traced it back to Lancet."

Met tensed but didn't interrupt.

"It didn't make sense because that would be you. I had to make sure so I tracked the sales and transactions to a computer with a peculiar IP address that was bought several years ago. It certainly wasn't yours and it looked like someone had done a sloppy job of trying to hide it. So we hacked into it," Leo adjusted his glasses.

Met suddenly had a dreadful feeling.

"The computer belongs to you Met," said Leo.

"And the plot thickens," Ruby said in a voice so low Renee looked over to her.

"How can it belong to Met?" Jade asked.

"This is frustrating as fuck!" said Sean. He squeezed Met's thigh and Met covered his hand with his.

"How many computers do you own?" Leo asked Met.

"Like four? Why?"

"I checked all four, it's none of them. So when I scanned the serial number and checked the sales info, the name Robert Lancet came up. Does that name mean anything to you?"

"That's my..." Met didn't realize he had stopped mid sentence.

"That's his dad," Sean finished for him. "Fuck."

"I'm thinking he used Met's home computer, one he left behind," said Jade.

"That's my best guess too. It's actually clever," said Leo. "But the truth eventually comes out. I'm sorry about this Met. That's a cruel thing for a father to do."

"He's an asshole," said Met. "And I'm going to pay him a visit."

"Do you want me to start working on a lawsuit?" Jade asked. "I think I can get him ten years."

"Thanks sweetheart, but I think I've got this."

"I think you guys can take it from here," said Leo. "I'll see myself out."

"Thank you, I won't forget this," said Met.

"It's nothing," replied Leo. "I like a challenge."