11| Well Shit

Jade regretted why he got up so fast from his bed the next morning. Apart from the subtle dose of vertigo, there was something else.

"Fuck!" Damn Met and his big cock he was so sore. It also sent a shiver up his spine thinking of how he'd been fucked the night before.

He took it slow and carefully after that. After a hot shower, he went to make breakfast.

Brady was coming over and they were going to plan their argument against lawyers they didn't know. Well, to be more accurate, they were pretending to be real lawyers.

He made his breakfast and ate in silence, wincing when he shifted briefly.
Cursing momentarily when he went to open the door for Brady.

"Sup' Jade," he nodded and went ahead to help himself to breakfast.
He knew where everything was and Jade had never even told him.

Truth was, Jade was actually comfortable around him. Brady was as honest as they came.
He was one of those people oblivious to their charm, they just went on with life as it was.

Maybe that was the reason Jade just wouldn't really push him away. He didn't know what it was but part of him was a little glad, even if he didn't deserve it, and probably didn't deserve to be.

He also didn't understand why he still stuck around. He'd warned Brady already not to expect anything from him ever since they were paired as partners from the beginning of their final year. Certainly nothing as fancy as friendship. Brady had simply looked at him and said a curt 'okay'. And yet here they were.

He pulled away from his thoughts to find a pair of confused brown eyes looking down at him, way too close for comfort.

"Are you okay dude? You keep wincing every now and then, sprain a muscle in your sleep or something?" Brady asked.

Rather nonchalantly, Jade answered, "Let's get started."

Brady wasn't even fazed by the dismissal.
For some reason, he didn't find Jade repulsive. Another thing Jade couldn't wrap his head around.

It was like this every time. No matter how many times Jade dismissed his remarks, replied coldly, treated him indifferently, he didn't stop talking to Jade. If anything, he got louder.

He kept asking how he was doing, he gave advice unconsciously, he talked... he talked so much Jade could swear he knew his entire family tree and so many conspiracy theories he could write a book.

He also knew the name of every single girl Brady had ever had a crush on since before he could even speak, if that were even possible.

Brady trusted him so completely, even when he offered nothing in return. He just couldn't get it.

"Dude, seriously what's wrong," there he went asking again.

"Fuck off Brady, I said let's get started."

"That would require you to be in the right headspace."

Ugh, smartass. He didn't resist the urge to roll his eyes. Brady wasn't human, maybe that could be another conspiracy theory added to the list. He ignored every sign of hostility and never showed any sign of hurt for that matter. He'd never Met anyone like him.

"Right, so I was thinking you could be the witness, and I'll be the lawyer. We don't know who we're up against but we could win the case. We just need to play our cards right."

"I argue better than you do," Jade said matter of factly.

"Yeah well that means I need all the practice I can get right? And as the witness, you can practice how to show emotion."

"The fuck would I need that for?"

Brady hurried on like he hadn't heard Jade's question. "Don't worry, I've thought up ways to be more convincing."

"Fine, whatever."

They began to plan their argument then, and somewhere in between it all, Jade's mind began to drift off again.
Something itching at the back of his mind.

He had to meet them, somewhere different this time, and it had to be tonight.

_____________________________

They sat at a table, and looked at Jade, expectant and confused at the same time, they just didn't meet like this. Ever. So they obviously knew something was amiss. Jade couldn't read any of them nonetheless, they seemed a little out of it.

"We're not doing this anymore," Jade looked, from one man to the other.
He didn't stutter or murmur, he'd said it clear as day. He tried to be subtle but it was like something that didn't just come naturally to him.

It seemed to catch everyone off guard.

He noticed how Met went still as Sean decided to ask, "What do you mean?"

Surely Sean knew what he meant, but he didn't want any confusion so he said it again, and he might as well have spelt it out.

"Fucking, we're not fucking anymore," Jade said.

This time, Met's hand sought out his but he pulled away before there was any contact. What the fuck was he thinking?

"Is it what I said yesterday?" He looked alarmed before he added, "Did I maybe hurt you in any way?"

He looked ready to apologize but Jade didn't let him get there. There shouldn't have been so much concern just at the mere thought of hurting him.

"Do I look like someone who isn't capable of stopping when it gets too much? Not that it has ever been."

"No, but-"

"But nothing, it's done and that's it. We won't see each other anymore so I suggest you start looking for other partners or hookups or whatever. You didn't think this would go on forever did you?"

They didn't know this but Jade had been thinking about this for a while now. They were smart enough, and so they must have known better. Nothing in itself was permanent.

And Jade wasn't getting bored with them as he should have, hell it was like they got sexier everytime he saw them. They got so eager to obey sometimes it got Jade drunk. They begged for him most beautifully, then topped him like the devil himself.

And he was having none of that.

They had played way too long and they had to stop sometime.
Sometime like now.

"Why? Why are we stopping now?" Met asked.

As Jade answered, he got up to leave. "Because I said so."

Met was clenching his jaw so hard while Sean blew out a frustrated breath, "Well shit."

He didn't get far when his phone began to vibrate. He answered before he knew who was calling.

"I figured it out!" The cheerful voice belonged to Brady. "You got laid!"

Jade groaned loudly before hanging up.

No pun intended but Brady was one big pain in the ass.
________________________________

Read| Vote| Comment
Grateful to everyone ❤️