15| Prince Charming

Jade had barely got off bed when he heard the doorbell ring. He hurriedly finished brushing his teeth because the ringing wouldn't let up. People have no decency these days.

When he got to the door, he was not prepared for what was on the other side.

"You have the wrong address," Jade said.

"Already double checked. Sign here please, um...Jade," the delivery guy said.

A dumbfounded Jade signed on the paper, his question died in his throat when he noticed the delivery guy had left, he didn't remember taking his 'package' but there they were, probably a hundred pieces of red staring back at him.

Why the fuck would anyone send me roses!

He walked back in with his rather huge bouquet cradled in his arms. He set it on the kitchen table while he opened the note attached to it.

'Can't seem to stop thinking about you'

Jade was thankful that he was alone because his heart beat so hard that if someone else was in the room, they might have heard it.

His mind was in a jumble and he couldn't stop glancing at the roses, almost as if they were something he was trying to figure out.

Roses, he thought. Ew.

He made his way back to the bathroom because the heat in his face was becoming bothersome.

Before he could flick the tap open, he caught sight of his reflection in the mirror and his eyes widened because of the undeniable flush on his cheeks.

"Pull yourself together Jade," he said right before he splashed water onto his face, the cool welcome against the mild heat.
Unfortunately it couldn't do anything for the thudding in his chest.

Right after that, the flowers kept on coming, and soon enough Jade was going to have a greenhouse instead of an apartment.

The second time came tulips with a read color that faded to orange. They looked lovely.

Third time was another type of flower he didn't know, attached to it was a note with an explanation.

'we don't know your favorite, so we'll buy you every species we can get our hands on, hopefully one will make you smile'

Jade found that his fingers were tracing the words for longer than was necessary. He'd almost allowed himself to imagine but ever so quickly, shook the thought off.

Then came the peonies that fluttered every time a little breeze passed by. They said he was beautiful.

The lavenders said they'd woken up thinking about him. He even got freaking bougainvilleas!

Jade couldn't take it when the daisies came. They were beautiful, but it was what they said that got to him.

'life is brighter with you in it'

He actually gasped, the back of his hand flying to cover his mouth as emotions rolled through him.

__________

It was weird for Jade to have a peaceful morning like this one. He picked up his ringing phone.

"I'll meet you there in thirty," said Brady.

He freshened up as fast as he usually did. He had plenty of time anyway.
As Jade sat at the cafe waiting for Brady, what he didn't expect was Sean casually sliding in the seat opposite him, with Met following suit. His heart skipped a beat at the surprise. It was so unexpected it got Jade speechless for a while.