14| Heartstrings

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

Jade looked at two monoliths of men who stood before him. Although he wasn't that far off, they were sort of exceptional. And now he wanted to pull them by the ears and drag them out of his apartment.

"What part of we're not doing this anymore wasn't crystal? Because I'll be happy to repeat it for you."

"We wanted to see if you were alright, and we just... we wanted to see you too."

All of Jade's walls went up in that instant. He did not miss the way Sean had said 'we', it was like their whole demeanor had changed. Just a while ago they couldn't bear to be in each other's presence and now it was almost like they couldn't bear to be a few feet apart.

They also looked scared of him, not exactly scared but he couldn't quite  put a finger on it, it was almost like caution.  Usually when people thought twice to cross the line, it made Jade feel wonderful. But now that it came to Sean and Met, he hated it.

"We. Are. Not. Going. To. Have. Sex."

"We're not here for sex Jade."

"Then fucking leave, there's possibly no other reason why you could be here. I don't have the time for either of you, nor do I want anything to do with you. I meant what I said, what's done is done.

Sean flinched slightly at the venom in Jade's voice but Met gripped his hand in his and drew slow circles with the pad of his thumb. Jade couldn't for the life of him figure out why Sean looked genuinely hurt.

Jade unconsciously raised an eyebrow at the display of affection. He wanted them out, as fast as he could. All his life he'd looked at people who held each other in public, kissed and shown each other acts of love. All they taught him was to accept that he would never be a part of that. Maybe he was scared or maybe he didn't deserve it but either way it was never going to happen. And right now, this was really making him uncomfortable.

"We're here because-"

"Why you're here is of no importance to-"

"Jadey-Jade!" the damned cheery voice drew closer. "Guess who freaking aced-" Brady stopped short because he came into view of three men in the room, when he'd only been expecting one.

The two strangers stood side by side and a little distance away from Jade. One was slightly taller than the other and had a really intense look on his face. The other one stood at almost the same height with extremely defined features and a look Brady couldn't place. And Jade...well Jade looked like he was schooling them with his stare alone, there was clearly a connection between the three of them, and it was nothing near the surface.

Three pairs of eyes now turned to him, adding to the tension in the room, the other two made him feel like he was in an interrogation. They had him questioning whether he had any lucky stars. What in the world had he walked in on? Brady's words got stuck wherever they were coming from. He had a moment while everything was still, he only spoke when the shock wore off.

"Woah okay," Brady cleared his throat. "Got it, bad time," he said as he raised his hands in mock surrender and retreated. Slowly walking backwards till he disappeared where he'd just come from.

He might have asked but Jade wasn't going to say or give anything away other than the next thing they could talk about. He just hoped with all of his heart that Jade was okay and not just physically.

Brady didn't have much insight into Jade's life but he believed deep down they were meant to be friends. Maybe it was a hunch or just his awesome intuition as he liked to call it but that was it. And he believed it, he just had to be patient.