3| The 'Bottom'

Jade looked out his window. He exhaled deeply as he watched cars down below hustling and bustling with the sounds of traffic, basically white noise.

He wondered of another life, what would he be doing? How would his life have turned out? Maybe he'd still love it when men bigger and stronger than him begged him for things they knew only he could give. He didn't remember how long the sound had been music to his ears, he just knew it was.

For someone with Jade's character, his life had been a bit unusual. He was always as insignificant as they came, a thorn on a rose to the people he called siblings, a foul sight.
His grandmother—God bless her soul—was the only anchor he knew of, the one who always collected the pieces of his heart when his family shattered it. She loved him with everything, and she was everything to him.

Jade didn't even know, or even find out for that matter that he was hot until he'd gotten older.  He noticed the attention he got from time to time, from boys and from girls. Weirdly, he was never interested, he just assumed that that was the norm, it was no biggie. He'd had a few flings but all they helped him realize was that he preferred his own gender.

Maybe he was naive, or maybe he was focused on other things, but he was only sixteen.

At the not so tender age of twenty-one, Jade found out that he was actually hot.

The night was just like any other, the timing was as good as any, and Jade was as ready as he would ever be.
That was the night he walked into a bar and turned heads unexpectedly to him.

He was a bit nervous but he feigned confidence. If he'd accepted every single offer to buy him drinks, he'd have a hangover though to the next week.
Inwardly, he was baffled by how desperate people could be. With one hand after the other on his thigh he recalled their words.

"Do you maybe wanna get out here?" one said.

Jade didn't say it out loud but he was going absolutely no where with him. From the way his words slurred to the monotone of his voice, he was high as fuck. And Jade just didn't like that.

"Sexy," a guy said, giving Jade a once over and biting his lower lip. "I'm going to buy you a drink and it's going to be the best thing that happened to you tonight."

The cockiness this guy had was beyond the roof, maybe on another day, Jade would have liked to spar with him, see how much that cockiness would last, how much of it was real. That day was not today.

"Hey baby, I've got a beach house over at Miami and it's been really lonely lately. You, me, what do you say? I'd like to take you if you'll let me, no?"

The man had a thick Mexican accent and an easy smile. Jade had to admit, he was hot.

Jade only smiled, and kept sipping on his drink.

To them, maybe it seemed like Jade was the type of guy who was always being hit on by other guys but what they didn't know was how hard he was trying to take it all in. And then the force of the realization hit him, it was almost like they would move at the flick of his hand. It was just absurd.

Growing up, Jade didn't know affection, apart from his Nana of course, but other than that in a house full of siblings, one would think he received at least a tad bit of whatever every child should receive but that wasn't it. His was fucked up but he wasn't complaining. Other people had it way worse. That sort of denial only fueled a kind of anger deep inside of him that no one could understand. And here was a potential outlet, a plausible solution and way, to soothe the burning edges of his frayed inner self.