24| A Dinner Of Sorts

The table was nearly set when the three lovebirds arrived. Jade introduced his men to Nana as soon as he could.

"You didn't just bring home one, you brought two home!" Nana said. "I'm so glad buttercup."

"Oh my! You're such strong and beautiful men. Make yourselves at home, I've made delicious food for big growing boys like you," she told Sean and Met as she pulled both their cheeks. "I'll get the embarrassing baby photos shortly."

Met and Sean beamed.

"Come on Nana!" Jade whined. He was so glad no one had arrived yet and the four of them could enjoy this moment in peace.

"Are you afraid we'll see you in your diapers?" Sean teased.

Met chuckled and Jade pouted subconsciously.

"Aww! Look at you!" said Sean when the pictures arrived.

Jade turned away and pretended not to hear. His cheeks warming up so bad. Even worse after Met kissed one of them.

"I adore you," he said.

"I've really missed that smile buttercup," Nana said after glancing at Jade.

What could he say? He was head over heels in love with the people who had taught him to smile again.

_____________

Shortly after the four of them had set the food and the table and done a little bonding with Nana, everyone started to arrive.

Soon the table was full and everyone sat quietly eating. Only Jade felt how thick the tension in the room was. He was even tempted to cut it with his knife.

The way Steve kept looking his way when no one was watching ruffled his feathers. He was taken back to a time he shouldn't be remembering. Even as he sat in between Sean and Met, it still felt like Steve was out to get him.

"Aren't you going to introduce us Jade?" Josh asked him. "To your— people?" He finished with so much disgust.

"Josh." Nana warned.

"These are my boyfriends, Sean and Met," Jade said proudly. Despite how shaken and uncomfortable he was feeling, this was the one thing he was truly proud of at the moment.

Steve dropped a piece of his food, hard eyes pinning Jade in place. Although he didn't reply.

Josh laughed. "Two?" Jade flinched. "Should have known you were insatiable."

"That's enough!" said Sean. "It's not his fault you're so unlikeable you can't even hold one down."

Josh turned pink with rage, while Nana hid her smile. June just sat quietly like nothing was happening.

"You're going to let them talk to your older brother like that?"

I couldn't give a rat's ass–

"What older brother?" Jade asked.

Josh didn't take it well. He got up so fast like he'd been shocked out of his chair.

Met's hand flew to squeeze Jade's on the table.

"I'm your brother! Take back those words or else–"

"Or else what?" asked Sean. He got up too.

It had taken less than a minute for everything to catch on fire. One minute they were calm and focused on their food, the next Josh wanted to flip the table over.

The only thing that took their minds off it, is what Steve said next. He looked angry.

"Take your hands off him. He belongs to me!"

Met looked at where their hands were joined with Jade's on the table, then he looked back at Steve.

"What the fuck did you just say?"