20| Mama Brady

Brady had muttered a quick 'i gotta pee pee' before dashing off, now he was back to rejoin Jade at the couch.

"So spill the beans," Brady said like that explained everything.

"What beans?"

"No way, you know exactly what I mean," Jade cursed himself inwardly for how soft he had become towards Brady lately. Normally he would just ignore this or change topic. Whatever he wanted.

At the back of his mind, in places he didn't care to admit, he knew whose fault it was. Because of two people, his heart kept opening each day. And now he was going to spill some beans, because Brady had asked.

"Fine, we kissed-"

"Bloody bullshit, you guys have done more than kissing it's too obvious."

"Okay whatever, we're together," Brady was nodding his head despite the fact that his eyebrows were still creased.

"Like together together."
His mouth then formed an 'oh'.

"Yeah," Jade combed his fingers through his hair, "They tell me they love me."

"Do you think they do?"

Jade nodded three times before he answered. "I do...they tell me everyday, they always look out for me and put me first. Sometimes it's almost creepy, they act like if I wanted the whole world they'd give it to me, so I really do."

"Well do you love them back? Did you let them know? It's kind of important."

"I'm not so sure about my feelings...scratch that, they're so overwhelming and all over the place I don't know what to make of it. I just... I've never felt this way before. Why am I even bothering you with all this? Never mind me," Jade rubbed his temple as he said this.

"No way in hell, I've been waiting for the day you'd open up to me and now that it's here, you're not ruining it," Brady answered.

It all came back to Jade then, all the times he'd ignored Brady and dismissed the things he'd said, or the questions he'd asked. He hadn't treated him like a friend, and yet here he was.

"Brady I'm so sorry, all this time-"

"It's okay, you don't have to feel guilty or anything, I could have walked away if I wanted to, you know that."

"You deserve better," after a beat, Jade continued. "Why did you-"

"Stay?" Brady asked.

Jade nodded.

"Because I know people like you, you hurt so deeply inside you begin to push everyone away. I just couldn't not try."

"Was I that obvious?"

"No, not at all. I'm just awesome," Brady cheekily said.

Jade rolled his eyes before hugging Brady real tight. Jade couldn't see his shock but he felt it, it was in his quick stiffening, then slow relaxation.

"I'm really sorry Brady," the guilt seeped through Jade's voice.

"Aw, I feel like a proud mama at the moment, look at my baby." He had never held or been so close to Jade for that matter. And he could tell this wasn't easy for his friend, with the slight way he trembled.

"Whatever," Jade said while pulling away. He was smiling nevertheless. "How did you know?"

"Well that wasn't easy, there were three toothbrushes at the bathroom counter so me being a descendant of Einstein and all, I put six and seven together and voila! I'm so smart, it's like my thing."

"Oh my God, here we go!" Jade rolled his eyes.

"Although, I just want you to know, I think you love them, no matter where those feelings are trying to hide, I just know it," Brady looked him in the eye.

"It's not loving them that scares me. I'm afraid of letting them know it."