27~ a relaxing episode of the Thundermans

Start from the beginning

The pin dropping silence.

I immediately felt tears well up in my eyes and curled myself up in a ball. No parents.

No mom coming this morning to jump on me like a trampoline and poor water all over my face yelling Merry Christmas.

No dad blasting Christmas songs on his favorite speaker that he always used to get his children up in the morning.

No parents to run down the hall with a bucket of red paint to pour on Steven as he's asleep to wake him up to open presents.

No parents to giggle and choke on laughter as they use Stephan's key that he always hides Christmas Eve to prevent us from coming in his room in the morning with whipped cream and a feather.

No joy.

No fun.

No love.

I check the time on my alarm and realise it's still 6am. My brothers will probably be up by 9 if no one disturbs them.

Feeling a wave of determination, I tiptoed to Anne's room and knocked on the door. She opened the door with a yawn and I chuckled at her huge Pokemon shirt and Henry Danger shorts.

"Miss Stephanie? What is matter?" She said, her German accent thicker than usual.

"What do you think about bringing back the ol' Roberts Christmas day joy back?" I said excitedly and she smirked, her grey eyes glistening.

"I'm listening..."

It's been two hours and me and Anne were waiting in the dark for my brothers' arrival. Let's hope they like it.

"What the fuck?"

"Why are all the damn lights off?"

I giggled and gave a signal to Anne beside the light switch.

"Merry Christmas!!!" I jumped up and exclaimed, once the lights came on.

They stared back at us with wide eyes, not saying a word.

I rubbed the back of my neck nervously, should I have done this? Maybe they wanted today to be a quiet day? Maybe they don't want to celebrate Christmas anymore... Oh shit, I messed up big time, didn't I?

Anne looked at all of us in confusion, her brown orbs flickering from me to my brothers.

When no one said anything she pouted and then smiled brightly running to the tree and picking up a wrapped present, she held it up and nodded her head, "Fröhliche Weihnachten!"

A moment passed.

Stephan took it from her hands and smiled, "Fröhliche Weihnachten to you too Anne" he said with ease and a hint of amusement.

I laughed when Anne turned bright red.

"Was this your idea lil sis?" Steven said, ruffling my hair and pulling me into his arms while I groaned in annoyance. I just combed through that...

"Even if Mom and Dad aren't here... We still have each other, we shouldn't let anything spoil our favorite day of the year" I said sincerely.

"Well then, we shouldn't let you and Anne's effort go to waste!" Stephan said brightly and put on the forest green Christmas sweater I laid out for him on the couch.

Steven gasped, "My sweater! Oh where did you find it!"

Well, I stole it from you two years ago so I never had to see you wear it again...

"I saw it in the boxes if Christmas ornaments" I lied, smiling at him.

Stephan raised a knowing eyebrow but Steven grabbed the ugly thing excitedly and put it on.