Chapter 20: A Little More Time

(I was having so much fun writing this chapter! I was picturing how the fight scenes would break out along with how the teachers would play a part in this. I actually thought of the Blue Lion House fight around the time chapter 8 was up! I hope you enjoy this chapter! Thank you!) 

(Flayn's POV)

              This plan seems simply enough, but there could always be room for improvement anywhere!

"Come on, Flayn! Let's go and get them!" Sothis exclaimed in delight as she pulled me after her!

"Sothis! Please be quiet! If we are going to do this, then we have to do this right! We have to find Ning and Hubert! Your older siblings are not going to be happy if you get hurt on my watch!" I reassured the little girl as we kept running to find the two people in their house.

"You don't need to look too far to find me, young ones. I am here" Hubert said as we both jumped in fright and hugged each other.

He chuckled as the two of us faced him.

"So, what are you two planning?" he asked as he kneeled before us, "Edelgard hasn't told me anything, so I must know what is going on"

I quickly explained the situation to him. He closed his eyes as he processed everything.

"Very well. It seems I have no choice but to help out then. I don't know why Lady Edelgard is bothering to help you, but I will respect her choices. I'll make sure the others get their items and prepare them" Hubert answered as Sothis gave him the Black Eagle House items.

Hubert went to meet with the rest of the Black Eagle House as I turned to Sothis.

"Ok, you'll take the Blue Lion House. Find Ning. She'll help us with this" I reassured Sothis with a bright smile as I gave her the bag of items.

She nodded her head and ran off to find Ning. I went to the Golden Deer House to hand their items back. The Golden Deer House was at the library again, but everyone was really down and disheartened by what happened two days ago. I can't blame them.

"Hello" I said calmly as I entered the library.

Everyone looked at me as I approached them.

"We are doing ok. Our moral is a bit hurt by what we saw" Hilda said calmly as she looked at me.

"I am as well, but we have a plan and Claude is even a part it as well" I answered her.

Everyone rushed to my side as I handed their items back.

"So, what are we going to do?" Ignatz asked as he swapped the glasses.

Before I could explain anything, the ground began to shake.

"What is going on?!" Marianne exclaimed as Hilda helped her up.

Balthus and Lysithea turned their attention to the windows to see monsters roaming around the school!

"We've got to do something about this!" Balthus shouted urgently as he ran out of the library and transformed!

"Is this a part of the plan?" Hilda asked me with a sigh.

"Yeah. We have to make sure those monsters do not get anywhere near the chapel, so please do not hold back" I informed them.

"Understood. Alright! Our dear Claudie is fighting out there as well! We have to give it our all! Golden Deer House let's show them who's really the best house!" Hilda rallied as the rest of they shouted in agreement.

We ran outside of the library and after Balthus to take on those monsters together. We heard a roar and found a giant wolf charging towards us! Warrior and Beast stood in front of us to block the incoming giant wolf.