Chapter 23: A Calm Before the Storm

(Wow! This was a fun chapter to write! A normal chapter compared to the others. I though the Houses deserved some quality fun time together before everything terrible happens in the last 4 chapters! Give or take... Anyway, I was focusing on their time together and the many fun house activities minus the fishing one. Sorry about that. Well, enjoy!)

(Dimitri's POV)

            I don't think I am hearing this right, but did our teachers just agree to let us have a fun day?

"Since you've all been working hard, we've decided to give you all a break" Headmaster Rhea said gently.

With that, they let the houses break off and do our own things to bond with each other.

"Hey! Dimi! Can we go to the Sauna together?!" Sylvain asked as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

I don't know about that. That doesn't seem like a good idea entirely.

"Is everyone ok with hanging out at the sauna for the day?" I asked everyone.

I didn't really hear any objections. The next thing I knew, we were at the sauna and hot springs of the school. The girls decided to rest at the hot springs as the guys and I went to the sauna.

"I can't believe Sylvain was right. This is actually relaxing" I said as leaned my head back and closed my eyes.

I sat on a wooden bench and wore a pair blue short. Next to me was Dedue and Felix. Dedue just wore brown shorts, and Felix wore dark blue shorts. I am surprised Felix was able to sit next to me without making any rude comments.

"I agree. The steam is so warm and relaxing. I can feel my muscles relaxing" Ashe said as he laid down on a bench wearing a gray shirt and shorts.

"I feel you there, buddy" Yuri said as he sat on the floor and leaned against the bench Ashe laid on.

Yuri wore purple shorts which matched his hair color.

"It is enough to soothe my hunger for fights" Jeritza added in a calm voice as he leaned against the wall.

He wore a black shirt and shorts. This is so nice and relaxing. Wait, that's a problem.

"Why is it a problem?" Cangdi asked curiously.

"Because his best friend it not here" Joshua said with a knowing smirk as he chuckled.

I opened my eyes and went to find Sylvain. Where did he go? No, please don't tell me he actually went to the hot springs... Please, goddess, no...

"Dedue, Jeritza, stay here. The rest of us have to find Sylvain before he does something we'll regret" I said annoyed as I stood up.

We left the sauna and went after Sylvain. We could hear him laugh as Felix and I sighed.

"He really wouldn't, would he?" Ashe asked in horror.

"Ah, my dear friend, he would. For he has eyes for the female sex while some of us are fine with either" Yuri said as he patted Ashe's shoulder.

I don't need this right now. This is the last thing I need! I was hoping for a nice day at the sauna! Not trying to pull my friend away the hot spring as he peeks on girls! We quietly followed after Sylvain to see him wearing orange shorts and hiding behind some barrels. Felix and I pulled me away as Felix covered his mouth. Sylvain looked surprised to see us here.

"What are you thinking?! This is not the time to be doing this!" I snapped at my friend in annoyance.

Before he could give us some kind of explanation, we heard the girls laughing and talking amongst themselves! This cannot be happening! We quieted down as we tried our best to hide from them.