Chapter 9: The Voices of Light

(Little bit of backstory on this story, I was just going to make it focus on a the Three Houses cast, but I was also playing Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones. I noticed that there were enough nobles to pair up with the nobles from Sacred Stones. So! I thought of this idea to make the cast of Sacred Stones older relatives to the Three Houses. I thought it was nice considering that game did come out before Three Houses! Enjoy!)

(Beresu's POV)

             My twin and I gathered Flayn, Claude, and Dimitri to our room to have a talk after what had happened with Flayn and Ignatz. Dimitri decided to check and see if Edelgard was still in a coma, Claude had to make sure his housemates were safe and unharmed, and Flayn had to reassure Professor Seteth about her being safe and unharmed.

"So, what is going on now?" Claude asked to break the silence in our room.

"I am not quite sure how I would explain it" my twin said cautiously as he extended his hand to make a young man appear.

We all gasped in shock as the young man took a few steps back from us.

"I am Prince Ephraim of Renais. This is my descendant, Byleth. Oh, and his twin is also my descendant as well. Eirika, where are you?" Ephraim called out as I extended my hand.

She appeared in my hands and waved at everyone as she introduced herself, "Hello. I am Princess Eirika. I am Ephraim's twin sister and princess of Renais. Beresu is my descendant"

We were pretty much silenced.

"You mean, Byleth and Beresu are direct descendants of yours?!" Claude exclaimed in shock.

"Did they not know? I figured they already knew. Renais is still here, right?" Ephraim asked confused.

"Why don't we start from the beginning?" Dimitri suggested cautiously, "Renais and Grado were both disbanded and absorbed into Frelia, Rausten, and Jehanne after the terrible War of the Legends. It makes Byleth and Beresu didn't know anything about it considering their country was disbanded a long time ago"

This news shocked the twins deeply. Ephraim looked so hurt about this as Eirika was crying.

"I guess Lyon's spell worked a little too well" Ephraim reasoned.

"Ephraim and our friends died trying to defend our homeland. However, we had Seth and Tana take our children and escape. During the final battle, Lyon appeared to us. He knew we couldn't be saved, so he cast a spell to reunite us again. I guess that means his spell worked, but we did lose our home" Eirika explained sadly.

That's awful.

"That explains why no records of the royal twins of Renais were ever recorded. You two perished and had to hide your families away" Claude said sadly.

"It was the only way to keep them safe. They were very important to us" Eirika answered.

Flayn was squirming in place as she looked at her feet.

"Flayn are you ok?" Dimitri asked with concern in his voice.

She shook her head as she extended her hand to allow another person to appear.

"LYON!" the twins exclaimed in disbelief as they saw their best friend there.

"Hello, my dear friends" he said with a bow as he grinned, "I believe my spell worked with Myrrh's help. Though, I didn't expect my union with her to make the realm much stronger"

Everyone in the room was completely lost about this.

"There are realms supporting our world. I cast a spell on us and our friends to reincarnate our spirits instead of heading to the realm of the Paradise. Myrrh is from the realm of the gods and goddesses which was created by Naga back during the War of Atlas. I married Myrrh and let our descendant roam the land. Our descendent then helped the King of Heavens with the realm of the gods and goddesses when we passed away" Lyon explained calmly, "Although, the two of us did pass away before we could reunite with our descendant. However, we have a job to do"