Chapter 12: The Burning Power

(I'm done with finals! I got a job and I have time to relax and write! I am so excited! Anyway, a two part story! I hope everything will be excited! Oh! And I added in my OC, Ning. I kind of wish we could've had an Avatar where the player could be a student. That would be fun to see. This is the only time in my Thank You Series where I will add an OC. Well, her and Cora. Anyway, thank you all for staying patient and enjoy!)

(Edelgard's POV)

                 I gather the Elites to see if I can find a way to unlock my power. Linhardt was able to use his powers twice, so therefor, I should be able to as well.

"It is hard to ask for the power again, once you have given it up" L'Arachel said to me.

"Is it?" I asked her surprised.

"It is the truth. Using the power of the gods already proves you are a strong person. However, if you reject their offer, they may not allow you to easily reclaim your powers. You will have to prove to them that you are worthy enough to wield it" L'Arachel explained thoroughly as she waved her hands.

I am a bit troubled by this. Soon, the other Elites arrived and took their seats at the café. Some of them had drinks and snacks with them, but Claude took a sip of his coffee and pointed his fingers to something behind me. I turned around to see Hubert!

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I am sorry, Lady Edelgard, but I do not want you alone with them. If it was just the twins, then I wouldn't be worried. However, Claude and Dimitri are another case. As for Flayn, I just do not do well with children" Hubert confessed with a wicked smile as I sighed at him.

"Fine, just behave and do not do anything" I said to him as I then turned to the Elites, "Now, I have called you all here, because I want to find a way to reclaim my power of the gods"

"You can't use your headband?" Claude asked as he drank his coffee.

"Well, I actually haven't tried that. I tried using the power with L'Arachel. However, the power did not come to me. I don't know if the headband would work in this case" I confessed to them.

"Why don't we try that first?" Dimitri suggested, "Let's head out to the field and see what we can do"

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. I think we should try that first. With that, we went to the field. I placed the headband on my head and waited for the voice of my god to come to me. I just waited in silence.

"Do you think she'll be able to do it?" Claude whispered.

"I am sure she can. After all, L'Arachel is a fine young lady! Her descendant should be no less!" Innes proclaimed loudly.

"Right, but why don't we take a bet? Heads or tails? Heads, she gets her power. Tails, she doesn't" Joshua asked.

"I don't think gambling would be nice to do something like that" Dimitri said in disapproval tone.

"Let's just please be quite" Byleth said seriously.

"Heads. Her ladyship will always triumph in everything she does" Hubert said strongly.

"I am sure she will" Ephraim answered with a calm voice.

"Everyone please be quiet" Eirika said over them.

"Don't even try. They are always like this" Beresu said with a sigh.

"Is that true?" Flayn asked with worry.

Unfortunately, I was not able to hear the voice, and no, it was not because they were too noisy.

"Is there really no way for me to reclaim my power?" I asked them as everyone looked worried for me.