Chapter 8: Those Who Slither in the Dark

(It is back! Here we go! I finished the game and, now I am ready to give it my all for this story! I really love this game and want to finish this story! So, let the journey continue!) 

(Byleth's POV)

                   It was a few weeks after Edelgard tried to take over the school and get rid of the power of the gods and goddesses. She was still in the hospital and hasn't woken up. Hubert goes to her every day to wait and see if she will wake up. So far, peace has been restored and everyone is recovering just nicely. I still can't forget my promise to Tianhuang and the other gods. We still have to find the other gods and goddesses as well as stop Genghis Khan. What should we do about that? I feel like I should tell someone about this, but I just don't know who.

"You can still do something! Come on!" a familiar voice urged me.

I turned my head around to see someone there wearing blue armor. The area around me was dark as we were both standing over a stained glasses circle which displayed me with my close friends, my partner, and my two sisters. As for the person in front of me, I could feel some familiar about this person. The voice was also familiar. What is going on? This person extended his hand to me.

"We can still do something! Come on!" he urged me as I took a step forward.

There is something about him. I know I can help him. I tried to reach him, but something was shining around us. Then, I felt something hit my chest over and over. I woke up and found Sothis on my chest. I grinned at her and patted her head.

"What's up?" I asked her with a soft smile.

"Dad made breakfast! Help me wake up Beresu!" she said with a grin as she pulled my arm.

I nodded my head and let her take me out of my room. The both of us entered Beresu's room, but I could hear her struggling in her sleep. Something's going on.

(Beresu's POV)

I found myself standing over a stained-glass circle with myself, my twin, little sister, and my close friends on it. I looked up to see a girl with long blue hair facing me. She looked so sad. Why? She then reached her hand out to me.

"Please, we still have to help the others. Let's help them" she asked of me calmly.

I wanted to take her hand. She must be referring to our promise with Doumu and the other gods. I still want to help them. As I tried to reach for her, I saw something bright appear around us as something hit my chest. I woke up to see Sothis on top of me while Byleth leaned against the wall with a smirk on his face.

"What's going on?" I asked them with a smile.

"Dad made breakfast! And I want to east! Let's go already!" Sothis exclaimed with a huff.

I just grinned and followed her out of my room. Byleth and I stayed behind for a moment. We both stared at each other for a moment.

"We still haven't told dad about mom's bracelet and the whole truth about the gods" Byleth said.

"We should just wait for a moment longer" I said as I recalled my dream and that girl, "I just don't feel right about it"

Byleth just nodded his head and then we went to the table to have breakfast with our father. We ate in the normal silence until my phone buzzed. It was a text from Dimitri. I looked at the date and realized that tomorrow would be the first day back at school. Some new and old students would be coming to join the houses. Dimitri wanted all of us to be there and try to greet the new students. I wonder if my twin would be doing the same thing.