Chapter 13: Sothis

(Finally done with my first year of college! And during that time, I missed May the Fourth be With You! Wrapping up this two part special was kind of a challenge. I wanted Ashe and Ning to shine more, but this ended up going to Sothis in the end. Don't worry, those two will have their chance to shine long with the rest of the students! Enjoy!)

(Edelgard's POV)

                    I am ready to fight for my friends and give everything I have for them!

"Really? All by yourself? Can you honestly handle this?" the lady asked with a laugh.

"I am not alone in this fight. I have two precious partners by my side! My allies will come back and aid me in your defeat! Be prepared to lose!" I declared as my axe caught fire.

"L'Arachel! Chidi! Are you two ready?! We have to wait for Saint to return and heal them! She'll need rest as well" I told my partners seriously.

"Then, allow us to help you! We will make sure our friends will not get hurt!" L'Arachel declared with a determined smile.

"It is an honor to serve you again, Lady Edelgard! Now, let me help you with my strength!" Chidi declared strongly as my axe's fire blew up!

I slammed my axe on the ground to make a wave of fire blow them away.

"Lean back!" Chidi shouted as I swung my axe back and leaned away from an incoming dark spell.

I thanked him for his guidance as the enemy still kept attacking me! I just need some time! That's all I need! Time!

(Ashe's POV)

Saint gave out a weak breath and transformed back to Flayn.

"She's out of power. She needs help to restore her power" Fengshen said to me.

"How do I do that?" I asked him worriedly as Hubert looked at his tome.

"You're lady, Ning. She seems to have the potential to form a bond with a god or goddess" Fengshen explained.

I looked at Ning's sleeping form. I don't know if I should wake her up. I don't want her to be a part of this mess. It is too dangerous! Wait, did he just call Ning my lady?!

"Listen, I am aware that you are worried, but right now, we need to help them. Your brother used to have this power before his life came to an end. He would want to help them. Please think about this" Fengshen said seriously.

"How do you know about my adoptive brother? He did this too?" I asked Fengshen surprised.

"You didn't know this? I thought you did because you did form a pact with me. I wonder if Catherine is here. She and him were close. Regardless, we have to help them. Wake her up" Fengshen said seriously, "I'll help with anything about your family. Right now, we have to help them. Please Ashe"

He's right! I can't be shaking from fear and hesitation right now! A knight and hero from my stories wouldn't hesitate to jump into action! I rushed to Ning as Flayn was panting heavily. She really used a lot of her power.

"Ning, please wake up! Hurry! We need your help" I said urgently as I shook her.

Her eyes slowly opened as she moved her brown hair out her eyesight. She squealed as she took a few steps back from me. She looked up and down at me.

"Ashe? What happened to you?" Ning asked surprised, "You look like one of the Elites. Is that what happened to you?"

"Yes, that's what happened. I need your help. The Elites are in trouble. We have to help Flayn. The god I formed a bond with says you can do the same thing. You can help Flayn, please" I asked her in a pleading tone.