Chapter 22: Learning from the Best

(Another chapter finished! Also, one of the things I really hope we will see is Holst, Albrecht, Maya, Glenn's photo, and Ashe's little siblings! Seriously, I want to know what they look like! Especially Holst. Does he have pink hair?! I want answers! Either way, have fun with a fun bonding house chapter! Enjoy!)

(Beresu's POV)

                   So, we were put to work. We had to train with our housemates. However, I didn't expect the training to be this intense! I had to avoid Catherine's strikes as Ashe released his arrows at me. Yuri, Annette, and Jeritza attacked me all at once too! Ning could also fight, but she was mainly tasked with healing us. I jumped away from Ashe's arrows and cast a powerful wave of light at Jeritza. Yuri tried to run behind me to knock me to the ground, but I side stepped him and then slammed the red orb against his back. He hit the ground as I was catching my breath which was a mistake.

"Beresu! Behind you!" Eirika shouted as I turned to see Catherine swing the blunt end of her sword at me!

She hit my shoulder and then kicked me to the ground. I groaned in pain as I held my shoulder. Well, that could've gone better.

"Not bad. You are getting faster" Catherine commented as she looked at me from above.

"I hope I am. I am not sure if I am making any progress" I admitted as I sat up.

"I believe you are getting better" Yuri said as he rubbed his injured back, "You pack quiet a punch"

Ning hovered her hands on his back as she added, "You're getting better! I am sure you'll be the strongest mage here soon enough!"

"Well, she'll hopefully surpass her mother soon enough" Catherine said with a smile.

I looked up at her in surprise. She knew my mother?

"What was she like?" I asked her as I sat up.

"Oh, Sitri? Yeah, I knew her pretty well. She was closer to Shamir than me, but she was a very good friend of mine" Catherine said with a nod, "She was very smart between the three of us. She knew everything in a textbook. She did love to dance"

I could hear Doumu laughing as she said, "That is exactly like her. She did everything with grace and style. She always thought things through no matter what. She was such a wonderful lady. She was so happy to see her grades prosper as well as took everything in her day to help her"

I smiled at her commentary about my mother. I never really knew much about her.

"She was so happy the day she found out she was going to have you and your brother" Catherine smiled warmly, "She couldn't go an hour without talking about the two of you. She was so proud"

She sat next to me as Ning continued to heal the other Blue Lions members.

"If it is alright for me to ask, what was Christophe like?" Ashe asked curiously as he adjusted his bow a bit.

"Oh boy, your brother was something. He's handsome, strong, and had a strong sense of justice. Though, he is kind of stupid" Catherine grinned as she recalled the wonderful memories she shared with his older adoptive brother, "He was so proud to be your older brother along with your other two adoptive siblings"

Ashe couldn't help but smile at that comment.

"I really wish he told me he was going to marry me before that tragedy. I would've married him, and then, you would've had me as your sister in law!" Catherine said with a smile, "Though, I am fine with being with my wife and helping her raise her son, but that doesn't mean I don't have a soft spot for you and your family. You guys are like family to me"