The Ring Remains

The first thing Cross woke to was shock. It wasn't his. He blinked open his eyes and stared at the ceiling of the Medical Tent. He began to move before a hand slipped over his mouth. He froze and looked up to see Geno. The other was shaking in horror and he guided Cross to sit up before pointing at something. The door to the quarantine room was melted open from the inside.

Reaper drifted out, and Cross could tell from the look on his face that the room was empty. Cross felt coldness grip his body, but it was his own. He glanced next to him, noting that Nightmare was still there. He was still asleep. One of his hands had stained the bed black. Cross furrowed his brow. It wasn't gold-tinted. So what had happened?

——————————

In a way, Asy felt betrayed. Nightmare hadn't come back with his fingers. He'd only come back for Cross. Asy twitched. He was hanging off the side of the pit in the Animal Tent. He could see them on the ground. He didn't remember the ground being this black before.

He squeaked as he slipped and fell into the pit below. There was a crack and he whimpered. He rubbed his head, though he was sure that wasn't where the crack had originated from. His leg hurt and he had a strange limp as he wandered over to his fingers. He sat down, inhaling sharply in pain.

He used his sleeves to sweep his fingers towards his as he sat crisscross. He shook one sleeve to reveal his hand. Each stub had been covered with a bandaid. They were all very colorful. He peeled them off one by one. Asy wriggled in place, tears springing to his eyes without his knowledge as he forgot about the pain in his hip.

He didn't know how he was going to get out of this pit. He stared around, holding his fingers in the palms of his hands. What was he supposed to do now?? He looked around for his brother, but the ghostly skeleton was nowhere to be found. Asy's shoulders drooped.

He twitched and began to whimper, shifting in place. "Asy?" A gruff voice sounded and Asy shook the tears out of his eyes to see Fell. The other was emerging from his room inside the wall of the pit and he seemed confused. "What're ya doin' back here?" Asy blinked and scrunched up his shoulders.

"W-Wanted my fingers back..." He squeaked out. Fell seemed confused before it hit him and his blind gaze darkened. Asy squeaked as Fell started towards him. He walked with a shuffle, most likely trying to find where Asy was with his feet. Asy squeaked as Fell's foot hit him and the other knelt down in front of him.

"I don' have much left, but I can do my best..." He mumbled, holding his hand out. Asy didn't understand at first before he twitched and perked up. Did Fell still have magic?? He didn't think he did. He gave Fell his fingers anyway. The other held out the other hand and asked quietly for Asy's injured one. Asy blinked before giving it to him. He squeaked as Fell's hand lit up with a dull red.

"Don' tell anyone 'bout this..." Fell mumbled. "Don' wanna get in more trouble..." Asy quietly whispered that he wouldn't tell.

—————————

Killer could sense something was wrong the moment he woke up. He had yet to open his eyes when he heard a quiet giggle and felt a hand brush his cheek. He assumed it was Asy, who had a tendency to go where he wasn't supposed to... like other people's tents while they were sleeping.

He sighed. He curled up on his cot even more, growling. The hand on his cheek curled into a fist and gently knocked against his bone. It was shaky. Killer reached up and held the hand, pushing it away. "Get out..." He mumbled. The hand immediately returned to his face. It was trembling and he heard soft crying.