The Injured King

Reaper furrowed his brow. He turned to Lust and Blue. "Can you two please bring Cross back to the Medical Tent?" He asked. They nodded and each of them scooped an arm under the monochrome skeleton. They heaved him up and began to bring him back to Medical Tent, Blue practically carrying him. Everyone else was dispersing.

Nightmare's tentacles lashed quietly. Reaper had already noted that there were only two instead of his usual four. He stared at Nightmare. "You're injured, Ringmaster." He stated. Nightmare growled out that he was fine and Reaper shook his head. "You may be able to intimidate everyone else with that look, but not me."

He drifted closer and Nightmare took a step back, his tentacles sharpening for a moment before going limp once again. They slowly lowered to the ground and laid flat and unmoving. Nightmare ducked his head. "Why would you want to help me?" He asked bitterly. Reaper gave a soft scoff.

"I don't. I would leave you like this normally. But Cross, for whatever reason, needs you." Reaper replied. "I would like Cross to be happy. And you, for some fucking reason, are the thing that makes him happy." Reaper was bitter as well. This was a monster who'd killed monsters before their times and it pissed him off.

Nightmare stared at him and looked down. Reaper drifted over to him as the other kept his head ducked. He made no attempt to move away this time. He exhaled shakily. Reaper floated around him, examining him before he heard Nightmare mutter something. "What?" He asked.

The Ringmaster shakily lifted his head. "I do not wish to be healed in the open." He finally stated firmly. Reaper stared at him, taken back before nodding. It struck him. Nightmare didn't want to seem weak in front of everyone. For a moment, Reaper considered refusing his offer, just to fuck with him.

He sighed and nodded, deciding against it. "I know very well you can't heal that much on your own. If you continue without me healing you, you'll be permanently crippled." Nightmare's tentacles twitched along the ground and he tipped his head, hissing.

"So what are you saying?" He growled. Reaper felt a smirk tug at his teeth. He had him now. "You're suggesting that you won't heal me?"

"Only a suggestion. I need a promise from you. A real promise." Reaper tipped his head, his eyes glowing. "If I heal you, you are to never hurt Geno. I don't care what you do to me, but if you hurt Geno, I will not hesitate to slice you down." He spoke as his scythe returned itself to his outstretched hand. "Do we have a deal, Ringmaster?" He asked, floating in place.

Nightmare glared at him coldly and Reaper responded with a grin just as icy. "You know better than anyone that you are unable to fight me. Especially in your condition." Nightmare sighed and nodded. Reaper held out a hand. Nightmare held out one of his own and they both shook on it.

"No harm will come to Geno by my hand." Nightmare hissed. Reaper stared at him, not letting his hand go. "I promise." That seemed to satisfy the reaper and he released Nightmare's hand. He floated with his hands clasped in front of him, scythe tucked against his side.

"It's a deal then." He was happy with himself. Nightmare continued to glare at him before turning away. His tentacles dragged along the ground behind him, only the tips twitching. He was pissed.

"Treat me in my own tent." He said, not looking back at Reaper. Reaper was momentarily distracted as he heard footsteps and turned to meet Blue's eyes. He paused before realizing what it was the smaller skeleton probably wanted.

"I left him in his tent. I healed him so it should be okay to go see him." Blue nodded and took off in a full-sprint, heading towards the other side of the circus. He heard Nightmare suddenly bark out his name in annoyance. Reaper chuckled and nodded, floating after the other.