The New Age

Nightmare's tentacles flicked as he leaned back in his chair. He trusted Geno and Reaper to take care of Cross. And if they didn't, he'd take care of THEM. He leaned his head back, staring at the ceiling of his tent. Slowly, his eyes drifted over to the closet, where the uniforms hung. Yes, the golden one pissed him off, but that purple and gold one haunted him.

It gave him a nasty feeling up his spine. The Joku Brothers' Circus. What a stupid name that had been. What a stupid show as well. Nightmare ran his hands across his desk. He briefly wondered if Lust had finished Cross' uniform yet. He pushed himself up.

His mind drifted to what Cross had said and he scowled. Killer always pissed him off so badly. He growled. He began to pace the room, his tentacles lashing. He sighed. He slipped open the drawer to get another pen and stopped.

"Son of a bitch." He muttered. The golden gloves were gone, having been presumably snatched by Killer. How did he always manage to get things without Nightmare looking?! He scowled and slammed the drawer shut, rattling the desk. He considered going after Killer right then and there.

The only reason he hadn't murdered Killer was because the skeleton was an ample food source. His pain and grief fed Nightmare and he was the strongest he'd ever been. That was the ONLY reason he'd hadn't killed him yet.

Next time he saw Killer, he considered confiscating the items from his tent. He could set them ablaze in front of Killer and have a good meal. He considered it with a slow spreading grin and a flick of his tentacles. The idea gave him joy. He gave a dark chuckle and sighed.

He moved over to the closet and pulled out the golden suit. He hated it. Even the sight of it made his tentacles twitch and his goo bristle. He snarled and began to tear it apart. His fingers tore through the seams and his tentacles soon joined. Inside of him, there was a small part that ached.

There was one little part deep inside of him that begging and screaming for him to stop. But he ignored it. Golden fabric drifted to the ground in tatters. Finally, Nightmare dropped the last of it. He realized something and furrowed his brow. He raised his hand, studying them. They were shaking violently.

Nightmare tsked, disappointed with himself. His tentacles lashed as he stared down at the pile of golden fabric and thread. "The past is past." He hissed, trying to convince himself. "I have to let go." He turned away. "The show must go on." He closed his eye and tipped his head back.

"Goodbye, baby brother. Thank you for your time." He whispered.

—————————

Reaper continued to tease Geno and the other huffed, his pixel fizzling as he crossed his arms. Cross had left them and went back to the New Tent to sleep. Reaper drifted around his grumpy lover before moving forward and pressing their teeth together. Geno went bright red and reached up, placing his hands against Reaper's chest.

Reaper paused before relaxing as Geno didn't push him away and instead, curled his fingers into his robe. He slipped his hands up and gently held Geno's cheek. He pulled back and Geno stared at him, dazed before he screwed his eyes shut. His pixel fizzled again. He inhaled shakily and Reaper understood.

"Does it hurt again?" He asked quietly. Geno had raised a hand to the side of his head and he nodded. Already, red tears had welled up in his other eye and he looked away, refusing to meet Reaper's gaze. Reaper sighed and reached out, guiding Geno over to the bed. He turned and whisked the curtain shut around it.

He had Geno sit back on the bed. "Okay. C'mon..." Reaper prompted him gently and Geno nodded. He looked down and his pixel slowly fizzled away to show his half-melted skull. Reaper stared at him before sighing and drifting over in front of him. "Please look at me, Geno..." He said softly.