The Main Attraction

Lust smiled as he finally finished the suit. He couldn't wait to tell Killer! He shut the box and latched it. His SOUL was racing, he was so excited. This would absolutely cheer Killer up... right? He shook his head.

As he stood up, he heard the tent flap shuffle. He smiled before moving through the racks of clothing and exiting into the front of the tent. "Hel-" He stopped cold. Nightmare stared at him. "Hello, Ringmaster!" He tried to stay cheerful.

"Hello, Lust." Nightmare's voice was soft and calm, as always. His tentacles drifted behind him. Lust restrained himself from gulping as Nightmare's eye drifted behind him. "You're been keeping projects in the back... Thought you were always upfront about your work." Lust didn't know why, but his breathing had sped up. Was he... nervous? Oh fuck yes, he was.

"I just have some spare cloth back there!" He said. Nightmare's eye narrowed and Lust felt his body tremble. "I'm working on Cross' general outfit!" He turned back to the mannequin. He didn't hear anything for a few moments, then jumped as he heard Nightmare's voice over his shoulder.

"What are you making back there?" Lust felt his SOUL speed up and he had to forcibly shut down another gulp.

"It's personal." He answered evenly. He heard Nightmare let out a soft hiss of breath and he instinctively froze up as the Ringmaster turned him to face him.

"Lust." Nightmare stated firmly. Lust stared at him and blurted out the first thing that came to his mind.

"Horror!" He said. Nightmare stopped and stared at him, his tentacles going still for a moment. Lust stared back, eyes wide. Oh hell, what the fuck had he just done? He gulped. "Horror came back today. He wanted to see me. I was finishing his outfit before he met with you again. It was going to be a surprise."

Nightmare was silent for a moment before seeming to force a smile on his face. "Oh! Well, I'm sorry I spoiled the surprise for myself. That is quite the... the surprise. I shall go greet him." Nightmare nodded to Lust, who nodded back, body shaking.

He watched as Nightmare turned and left the tent. Once he was sure he was gone, Lust put a hand against his chest, panting. He panicked and looked up as the curtains rustled again. Ink stood there with a rip in his sleeve, his eyes wide. "I-Is Horror really back?" Lust wouldn't answer and Ink seemed frightened for him. "Lust?"

"N-No!" Lust finally admitted, shaking. "Horror's not back. The suit is for Dream. What do I do, Ink? The Ringmaster will know I lied." Lust held his head with one hand. "I lied to Nightmare... again..."

Ink stared at him in dismay. "I-It'll be okay..." He seemed to try to comfort him. Lust shook his head as he tried to focus.

Later that day, Lust froze as he heard the curtain shuffle. He heard sloshing footsteps. It had started raining outside. "LUST!" He jumped at Nightmare's voice. No!

He whipped around as Nightmare growled, soaking wet. His tentacles twitched and lashed behind him. "Please tell me you did not lie to me earlier. I have been all over the Circus and there is not a SINGLE sign of Horror anywhere!!" The darker snarled. Lust blinked at him.

"R-Really? H-He was here earlier..." He whispered out. Nightmare snarled and one of his tentacles broke a table behind him. Lust flinched and gulped.

"Where is he then?" Nightmare hissed. Lust was frozen as he stammered.

"I-I..." He couldn't think of anything. Why the fuck couldn't he think of anything?? He was shaking.

"Lust!" They both froze at a voice. Lust's breath caught in his throat. He leaned over to peer past Nightmare.