The Eager Confrontation

As soon as he'd uttered the words, Cross heard Nightmare inhale sharply. His limbs all bubbled back and he snarled. His tentacles began to grow out behind him and he pushed himself up. "Get back to the New Tent. Quickly." Cross nodded. His legs were shaking and he had no doubt they would continue their discussion later.

He teleported outside, before collapsing against a tent with a cry of shock. He didn't understand. Why hadn't he been able to teleport all the way to the New Tent?? He could feel his bones rattling. Was his magic being affected?? He jumped as he felt confusion and concern. He looked up with wide eyes.

Lust was in front of him, his eyes wide. "Hey! What's wrong?? Cross, what happened??" He seemed frightened and Cross could slightly sense it.  He began to struggle up.

"I-It's fine... I just..." He stopped. "No." He whispered, his eyelights having shrunk into small dots. "No... no, no, no..." He whispered, backing up. There was the sound of a car. Lust felt confused.

"The show definitely doesn't start for several days, so who is that?" He asked, seeming baffled. Cross felt rage and he knew who it was.

He felt his breathing speed up as he stumbled back. Lust cried out in alarm, pulling him up. People were starting to come out of their tents. Cross didn't understand. Did they also sense something was wrong?

Cross shook his head, purple tears already running down his face. He heard the sound of car doors slamming and broke out, sobbing. He curled up against the wall of a tent. Lust knelt next to him, wide-eyed. The gloomy layers of the Circus were being replaced by confusion. Then, Cross inhaled sharply. The cold feeling.

"What is going on?" He froze at Nightmare's voice. The crowd was moving back from him. He stared at the entrance, his entire body shaking. "Cross?? Why're you still out here??" Nightmare had changed, but he was still walking with an obvious limp and only had two out of his four tentacles back.

"...useless son of mine... good for nothing piece of shit..." They all heard a rumbling, grating voice. Cross gulped. He was so scared.

"How did they find me?" He whispered out. Lust blinked and Cross felt cold realization pulse from him. He watched as the other stood up and felt hostility spike from him. Two people appeared in the entrance. A skeleton and a dinosaur monster. Both clad in black and white. Cross shrunk back.

He blinked as Nightmare turned. He seemed to locate him again and he felt the coldness lift a little, being replaced with fierce protectiveness. He turned back. All of a sudden, Cross heard footsteps and felt someone lift him. He blinked and looked over at Reaper. He pushed him behind him, scythe out, his eyes locked on the two monsters.

He suddenly felt someone press against his other side and blinked. Blue, for the first time since he'd seen him, was scowling. "Don't worry, Cross, we won't let them take you." He whispered. He felt tired and Cross could see that he hadn't slept. He seemed like he had been injured. Cross felt hostility from almost everyone as monsters slowly realized who these two were. He blinked and looked around.

Blue was scowling. Lust was staring at them, a hateful look on his face. Geno had poked his head out from the Medical Tent. He was wide-eyed. Even Asy seemed to recognize them. He blinked as Asy started looking around. He seemed to spot Cross and freeze, twitching. Cross was breathing rapidly, shaking his head as he backed up once again. Asy seemed alarmed. Cross occasionally helped Asy by fixing the buckles on his straitjacket.

Nightmare finally met with the two. "May I have your name and business?" He stated. The skeleton hummed, bony hands floating around him before he scowled at Nightmare.

"Who's in charge?" He stated roughly. That seemed to piss Nightmare off and he lifted his head. His eye was burning. His tentacles spiked and he took a step forward, forcing the two back.