The Next Victim

They entered the Big Top and immediately found a scene. Cross could feel anger and annoyance and... He blinked. A little fear? "G-G-G-GET OUT!!" A glitching voice snapped. Someone was thrown from the door of the sound booth. Cross saw a blur of colors.

He paused. Just like Ink, this monster's emotions were shallow. He could feel mischievousness and cheerfulness. "C'mon, my glitchtastic broski! Why are you always so wiggedy-worried to see me??" The skeleton stood up, adjusting shades that said YOLO, but before Cross' eyes, the letter changed to read HARSH DUDE.

Under his colorful appearance, Cross could see faint cracks on his bones. The skeleton seemed to notice them and smiled. "Inkster!! How goes it??" Immediately, Ink seemed to force a smile on his face and Cross could tell Ink would've rather been anywhere else right then.

"Fresh! Hey...!" Ink tried to sound excited, but he wasn't doing a good job. "Whatcha doing here?" Cross felt alarm and worry from Ink. He blinked as Ink seemed to move in front of him as the skeleton approached them. Fresh's shades read WHO DIS.

"Ink! Introduce me ta the new brotha!" He gestured to Cross. Immediately, Ink unhooked his paintbrush. Fresh's smile faltered and he felt a flash of annoyance from the other. "Inkster?"

"You can't have him. The Ringmaster likes this one." Ink said firmly. The shades changed to read FOR REAL? Fresh forced a smile back on his face and chuckled.

"That's hella unlucky... He looked perfect!" Fresh said, seeming to turn to face Cross. Cross didn't like this guy. Next to them, the snow leopard let out a mechanical growl and its fur seemed to bristle. Cross was momentarily amazed once again. "Ya know I needa new body! This one's wiggedy-wack! Dustin' everywhere!"

A new body?? Cross felt chills. Ink glared at him. "Y-Y-Y-You won't find o-o-one here, parasite." The glitched voice sounded as a black skeleton stepped out of the soundbooth, seeming to be pulling blue strings from his eyes with his fingers. "N-N-N-Now get out."

The shades became blank for a moment and both Ink and the new skeleton tensed. Cross did too, the stranger letting off a dangerous feeling. Then, Fresh laughed and Cross felt amusement and annoyance. "No problemo! Catch ya on the flipside!" He threw up a peace sign before teleporting.

Everyone else relaxed and Cross felt relief from both of the other skeletons. He focused on the one coming out of the soundbooth. "Is that Error?" He asked Ink quietly. Ink blinked and hooked his paintbrush back on before grinning.

"Yep! That's Error! He's the DJ!" Ink turned to Error, who let off a perpetual feeling of annoyance. Yet, when Ink approached him, Cross felt a prick of warmth. "Hey, Error! This is Cross! He's the new knife thrower!" Cross raised a hand, nodding before lowering it.

Error regarded him with gold eyes before his body fizzled and he shrugged. "Okay... s-s-s-so?" Ink giggled, while Cross just felt offended. Cross glanced at the large cat next to him awkwardly before looking back up at them.

"Ink." He spoke, interrupting them, and they both turned to look at him. Error radiated annoyance. "Where do I put the cat?" Error sighed and moved forward, his headphones around his neck.

"I-I-I can take it. D-D-D-Don't touch anything." He turned to look specifically at Ink, who smiled sheepishly. He took the cat down into the Ring and disappeared into one of the side doors. Cross watched him.

"He doesn't seem too friendly." He commented, raising a brow. He felt amusement and understanding from Ink. He turned and the other gave a happy shrug, tipping his head.

"He's an acquired taste." Ink said, giggling. "He doesn't like anyone else that much and I'm the only one he'll hold a full conversation with for more than five minutes." As Ink spoke about Error, Cross could sense a rising warmth. He quickly suppressed a smile, knowing it would embarrass the shit out of Ink.