The Lost Lover

"Y-You're sure you want me to do this?" Ink asked shakily, not meeting Lust's gaze. He had a large paintbrush that was the size of his body. They were both in the Costume Tent. He held his brush above the ground, shaking. Lust felt his SOUL pounding. He nodded and Ink swiped the ground, creating a black puddle. A scene began to play inside of it.

———————————

Ink watched as the traveling crew began to gather their things. He glanced towards the Costume Tent. Horror had Lust wrapped in a tight hug. Both of them were blushing lightly. Horror seemed happy as Lust gently massaged his head wound, whispering to him. He seemed to give a soft bit of scratchy laughter and said something back.

Ink felt a smile tug at his teeth before he turned to help with the others. When it was time to leave, Horror and Lust shared a goodbye kiss before Horror shambled after the rest of the group, heaving his axe over his shoulder. He stumbled, but managed to catch up with them. As Ink watched them disappear, he froze up as something passed him.

Nightmare? What was the other doing out?? He strode after the group, his tentacles waving quietly. Ink furrowed his brow. He glanced back to see everyone else leaving and disappearing back into their tents. Not Ink. Ink had a quality that would, no doubt, get him killed one day. Curiosity.

He waited several minutes before following Nightmare. He followed blackened footprints before stopping. The footprints of the group led further up the path, but two sets of footprints veered away from the rest. Ink had never made a decision so fast in his life and, of course, it was a bad one.

He turned and followed the footprints that had veered away. He furrowed his brow as they went deeper and deeper into the woods. He could hear voices. One deep and rumbling, the other scratchy and wheezing. He sank down into the bushes as he emerged into a clearing. He'd slipped into the bushes along the side.

"Complaint after complaint. Parents have threatened to stop coming because of you. We're losing business because of you. You're unstable. Unreliable." Nightmare's tentacles lashed. Horror stood across from him, his grip unnaturally tight around his axe.

"Then I'll stop performin' and do somethin' else..." Horror said, seeming tense. "Just tell me what else ya can have me do..." Nightmare tipped his head, eyes glowing. He sighed and his tentacles lashed in annoyance. "I know yer just tryin' to get rid of me, but I can still do stuff..." He yelped as as Nightmare's tentacles sharpened.

"Despite that hole in your head, you're smarter than you look, Horror." Nightmare hissed, taking a step forward. "You're getting too close. I told you to stay away from it and you didn't... Stay away from the Final Tent." Nightmare warned. Ink couldn't see Horror's face, but Nightmare twitched.

The darker suddenly chuckled and gave a twisted, sadistic-looking smirk. Immediately, both Ink and Horror tensed. Nightmare only looked like that when he was about to really injure someone. What would he do here? What was he going to do? He saw Horror freeze as Nightmare leaned forward.

"You know, I always assumed you never begged for mercy because you were insane. Tell me, Horror. Why don't you scream for me to stop hurting you, like the others do?" He asked softly, his eye lit.

Horror spat at him. "Because you fuckin' love it when they do that. I ain't gonna give you that pleasure." He hissed. His axe raised, almost threateningly, but Nightmare didn't seem even the least bit intimidated.