Silence

The world seemed to have stopped,

Or rather 

It did.

The angels who had enforced a barrier of protection stilled, slowly turning around to see the body of who they were protecting. The demons as well, froze, landing on the ground to see the body of their king. 

No one moved, no creature spoke a single thing.

The birds around the world stopped singing, not believing... or maybe not wanting to believe.

The air was still, absolutely quiet. Not even the wind managed to soar through the skies.

The waves stopped, it didn't want to move, leaving the ocean water still as a rock.

Even the sun felt guilty for shinning so brightly...

Two small creatures woke from their sleep in disbelief, turning their small heads to look out at the bright clouded skies.

Two souls shivered awake, unconsciously gravitating towards an empty room filled of scattered roses.

One soul jumped awake from her small bed, looking over to the picture that hung on her desk.

Everyone stopped, 

everyone stopped to look up, and gaze at the two stars shinning in the sky.

Everything stopped for the two bodies laying next to each other. 

The young woman in bright white armor laid on her right side, blood spilling from the open wound in her stomach. The once full necklace, laid empty around the wrist of her left hand, while the once bright rose, laid dead in the palm of her right hand. The warrior's once black hair now laid vividly brown and flowed down her body to fall against the ground.

The dark angel in the same bright white armor laid on his right side, laying upon the broken black wing. His once beautiful face was now burned, distorted with skin continuously falling from his face. Not just his face, no, skin pieced off from every inch of his body.

They faced each other in a circle, the woman facing the fallen angels feet, and the dark angel facing the woman's feet.

The angels didn't move, one angel in particular couldn't even breathe.

The demons still didn't move, even as their portal from hell disappeared, dragging each and everyone of them back to hell.

And just like that,

everything snapped awake.

The fallen angel screamed for his love, begging for her to wake up as two angels held him away from her. A brown haired, brown eyed angel, ran to the two fallen warriors, quickly trying to save the two.

The fallen angel dropped to his knees in despair, screaming for her. The two angels pulled him away, saving him from the traumatic view of his love. 

Had he not fallen before he would have certainly fell then.

The darkness in him swallowed him whole, shattering his meaning of life.

For without her,

there was no reason.

The fallen angel cried for the first time in his existence.

Tears swelled his broken grey eyes, spilling relentlessly over his cheeks and down into the ocean water. 

And through those tears,

the sun was kept from the world for 31 days.

And through his agonizing cries,

the skies roared for 31 days.

All around the world, grey clouds filled the skies, hiding the sunshine that brought life. The grey clouds poured for weeks, flooding homes, flooding streets, flooding the oceans. There was no rest for 31 days. 

Lighting cracked through the skies loud enough to shake every single object on Earth. The world felt The fallen's angels pain and sorrow first hand. There was no silence for 31 days.

The brown haired angel carried The fallen's angel's love to him, placing her limp body in front of his torn soul. 

The two angels that had been restricting the fallen angel, let go.

The fallen angel didn't get a chance to hold her as the brown haired angel yelled at him with urgency, yelling at him to take her somewhere.

To take her to the place where only a fallen angel could go.