Poisoned

Song for the chapter:  Melanie Martinez- Cry Baby

I woke up on my own accord, feeling the evil thrive.

"Lets go." I mumbled, eyes closed, still laying in bed. I kicked the covers off. "I'm ready."

"If you say so." His hand slid over my waist, pulling me into him.

"Ah!" I gasped, now really awake. He placed me down gently, feeling the soft grass under my bare feet and legs. The weather here was slightly warmer. It was dark but there were hundreds of stars, millions decorating the night sky. "Wow." I whispered looking all around the sky, trying to capture the beauty of it all.

" I whispered looking all around the sky, trying to capture the beauty of it all

I rubbed my eyes to clean them of sleep, trying to see if I was still dreaming. This is crazy.

A pond next to me, reflected the stars, making it feel as if I was in space. The feeling was surreal, I've never seen something so ethereal.

"The crops, Babygirl." Jason reminded me.

"Oh." I mumbled running blindly into the trees, trying to pinpoint where the evil is. My feet running on top of small items, embedding into my skin. All I was wearing just a pair of short shorts and a tight cropped long sleeve shirt. Definitely should have taken shoes before leaving, at least socks....

Turning my head back and forth all of it was just the blinding darkness.  The only thing guiding me was the evil aura.

"Its a demon." Jason grabbed my hand, stopping me in my tracks.

"Why are you stopping me?" I whispered. The sound of crickets were loud enough to cover our words.

"Its dark, Babygirl. You can't see it..." He tugged my hand, pulling me into him. "But it can see you." His words sent chills through my body, sparking fear into me. "You're being hunted."

Jason dragged me, running in front of me, guiding me. Once again, his speed and stature made me struggle to keep up.

"Jason!" I hissed.

He was going too fast and with no shoes, it hurt! I was stepping over rocks, bugs, branches, even some squishy substance.

He stopped making me literally pass him and fall flat on my face. I was so focused on hauling ass that I didn't feel him stop.

"I was going to tell you to duck but that's good too, Baby." Jason laughed, picking me by my waist to run again.

I could hear the crashes of trees breaking, and leaves rustling behind me. It was catching up!

Anxiety taking over making me run faster, just running behind Jason.

"Its getting close!" I yelled.

I felt the abrupt change in direction making me stumble.  The tug of Jason's hand snatching me up, and forcing me to run.

"Whats a matter warrior? Scared?" The demon taunted. Its voice finally giving me a general idea of where it was.