Taking A Risk

Song for the chapter: Kanon Wakeshima- Suna No Oshiro

'Beep'

'Beep'

'Beep'

"Mmmph.."

"Kitten?"

"hmm?"

"Serenity?"

"Huh?" I breathed out.

I tried opening my eyes but they were so heavy. I managed to open them a little only to be blinded by bright lights making me close them quickly.

"You're in the hospital."

"Hos...pital?"

I wasn't quite sure who I was talking too.

A warm hand touched against my cheek. I sighed, leaning into  the comforting feeling.

"Serenity, I'm trying to get the cure. You won't be here long."

"I want you." I mumbled.

Jason.

I want to stay in bed with him.

"Don't leave. I need you." I mumbled again.

"Serenity, wake up

"Serenity, wake up.  Please." A soft feminine voice whispered.

"Mommy..."

"Serenity!" The voice yelled unexpectedly. "You woke up!"

"Mom." I whined softly, eyes still closed. "Stop yelling." Oh, my throat....

Opening my eyes was a little easier this time, the lights seemed to be lowered.

"Oh, thank God." She sighed, gripping my hand tightly.

I looked to see my mom crying next to me.

"MooOOoom." I whined. "Why are you crying?" Tears started pouring down my face at the sight of her crying. Its a heartbreaking thing to see your mom cry.  "You're making me crryyy!" I bit my lip.

"Oh, honey! I was so scared you weren't going to wake up- oh! The doctors! I have to get the doctors!" She panicked.

She pushed a button on the wall behind me, I looked around.

I was in a hospital bed, dressed in a loose gown. The blankets were high on me. A lot of machines were around me,making me slightly scared to move. Especially with the needle in my arm.

Why am I in the hospital? What happened? I can't...

"Oh, Serenity." My mom cried.

"Moooommm!" I scolded, tears once again trying to run.

"Good to see you awake." A female doctor walked in. Red hair bouncing with her step, rushing to me.

I blocked the doctor out as she did an assessment on me.