Confession

Song for the chapter: The Civil Wars- Dance me to the end of love

We sat together in the water, just at stomach level so we could comfortably talk. Jason pulled me in between his legs so he could have me close. I smiled, sitting criss crossed in between his spread legs.

With this new found confidence, I thought it was better to have this conversation now. Get some answers as to why he has such an inconsistent attitude toward me. Sometimes he'd treat me nicely and sometimes he'd be annoyed with me. I know I'm not exactly the easiest person to be around but it wasn't like this before. Only after our kiss...

Even now, he pulled away from my kisses and I faintly remember his words while I sang...

"Jason..." He looked down from the sky to look at me. Whoa, his eyes are really bright... they're glowing. "Why'd you get so frustrated with me?" The serene expression on his face shifted into a small smile, sighing. This is going to be a long talk...

"Its because I can't handle being around you." His eyes darkened all while his voice lowered. I shifted, looking away. Is that bad or good? "Let me explain... you are a sweet soul, it was impossible to be with you ever second of the day and not fall in love. You were innocent and naive, it was amazing seeing you learn and explore your meaning in life and of life."

In love?

My heart fluttered and my cheeks blushed

My heart fluttered and my cheeks blushed. That's right! He said it just a while ago but it didn't register until now. He loves me!

"Yes, I really love you." Jason bit his lip, pulling me into his chest for a tight hug. "I love you." He repeated, I smiled widely into his chest. The words sounded like blissful music and I wanted to nothing more than to have the symphony play on repeat for the rest of my life. 

"I quickly cared for you, instantly almost. Even to the point were I almost became obsessed. I wanted you near me every second of every day. Jealousy infected me anytime you were with someone else." I sat up, kneeling in front of him to make eye contact though I immediately regretted it as the water was becoming colder and colder. I endured it, wanting him to continue. "Watching you live was incredibly interesting to me. Seeing you go to school, learn, hang out with your friends, interact with your family, it was beautiful. I wished to be in your life, living it alongside you...instead of watching." He smiled sweetly at me, almost embarrassed. I couldn't help but notice how his eyes were still dark, not nearly as bright as before this talk began.

Being an angel must come with some sense of...loneliness? Or a sense of being ostracized? They're so apart from... us... from life. Not only can they not live with us but they have to monitor for millenniums. I sighed, having my perspective shift once again as I made this realization. Jason's mentioned or at least hinted to this before in certain words he'd use or the way he'd act.

A breeze passed through, ruffling the trees. Reminding me where we were. Looking around I felt at peace, finally.

 Looking around I felt at peace, finally