Proof

Song for the chapter: Eliza- All night

I laid in bed and pulled the covers over me.

Giggling and squealing to myself.

"Ahhhehehe." I kicked my feet. I kissed Damon! We kissed! Finally, I've liked him for four damn years and just now are we flirting and fooling around. "Hehe!" I giggled, rolling around his bed. Does this mean we're dating?

"Having fun?" Jason's voice snapped me out of my happiness, making me shoot up from the bed, eyes wide. I didn't think he'd showed up here of all places....But there he is, leaning against the window, arms crossed. Light shinning behind him, only allowing me to see his silhouette as if that didn't make things even sketchier.  

"Jason..." I frowned, pulling the covers closer and curling into a ball. I just started relaxing...

"It's Halloween, Your day of birth."

I looked around for a clock. 12:34am

"Why are you here?" I asked rather rudely.

"We have things to do..." 

"I'm finding it hard trusting you. You come out of nowhere telling me you're an angel that's protecting me and that I have to restore peace. I just- don't- don't believe it. Its seems...fake." I shook my head in frustration. "Leave me alone, I was trying to sleep." I mumbled, snuggling back into the pillows.

"I understand this all seems sudden and a little... Unbelievable. But there isn't time for this. Its Halloween, creatures are revolting, changing back to their ancestral selves."

"What?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Back before everyone changed. 'Halloween' This day, it was actually an entire week were creatures celebrated each other. They all came together and rejoiced. Laughing, singing, dancing, eating, it was a festival for everyone. Every year around this time, the creatures that once were...get riled up. They feel their true selves liven up. That's were it gets dangerous. Things are different this year, bad things are going to happen if you don't help."

I bit my lip, thinking...

Hmm... I don't want anyone getting hurt. But how much weight could his words truly have?

"Jason, You're explaining all of this but is there any way you can prove this to me?"

"Get dressed and I'll prove everything." My eye widened slightly, I completely forgot I wasn't wearing much clothes. I quickly grabbed the clothes Damon left for me, changing under the covers. With my costume back on, I followed Jason.

"I have to say bye to Alex or she'll worry." I bit my lip, watching his reaction.

"Hurry."

I ran around the party to find her poolside talking to Damon and Jake.

I leaned down to talk to her.

"Hey, I'm leaving. I'll catch you at the house later." 

"You're leaving?" She pouted. I felt bad leaving her, its kinda of an asswhole move to ditch her.

"Yeah, I gotta go."

"You're leaving?" Damon pouted playfully, he caught me off guard making me blush. Unexpectedly, he quickly hopped out making me step back so I wouldn't get wet.

"Yeah, I have to...yeah." I bit my lip, nodding.

"So I'll see you at school?" He raised an eyebrow. "I have to talk to you more when I'm not tipsy...or completely drunk." He smiled.