Spiraling

Song for the Chapter: Indila-Derniere Danse

The wind was definitely picking up now.

The tree's bent drastically from the winds brutal rampage.

"Are you sure you want to go out tonight? Looks like there's going to be a really bad storm." I asked from Lexi's window sill. She was quickly getting ready in a Black Widow costume. Thankfully, Her parents still weren't back. It looks like they won't be getting home until late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

"A storm on Halloween night?" She raised an eyebrow, while putting on a tight black jumpsuit. "It's the perfect weather for some scary monsters to come out!" She giggled evilly. I laughed, Lexi loves the supernatural just as much as me, maybe even more.

"Can't argue with that."

"So are you just going to stay here, all alone?" 

"No..." Not at all. "I'm going to do something...uhm....somewhere I think. I don't exactly know." Lexi stopped tying her boots and gave me a deadpanned look. "Relax."

"If that's what you want..." She went back to tying her shoes.

"It is."

30 minutes later, Lexi left out with the guys. Jason hadn't popped in once so I decided to see if I could call him.

"Jason?" I called out into the air.

The only response came from the wind outside howling.

Hmph....

I crawled into the bed and looked at the pretty pendent hanging on my necklace. The vile inside the heart....how unexpectedly...life changing. I've looked at this necklace a million times before wondering what was inside the vile or what it represented. Never could I have imagined....

"Wow." I mumbled.

At one point as a kid, I chewed on it as a nervous habit. How crazy I was....  Chewing on a precious, blessed, godly artifact.

"Jasssoonn?" I called again.

Does he even hear me if I call him like this?

The feeling of my phone vibrating made me jump in surprise. Picking it up... Mom!

"Mooooommmm!" I smiled

"Happy birthday!" She cheered.

"Thank youuu." I scrunched my nose, raising my tone a bit.

"Come home. We need to cut the cake!"

"No. I'm busyyyy. I'll come home later, or tomorrow."

"You're not getting drunk  right? Or pregnant?!"

"No. Mom. " I rolled my eyes. "Calm down. I'm a perfect little angel." I smiled.

"Yeah...right." My smiled was quickly snatched into a frown. Whats that tone supposed to mean? "Alright well. Happy birthday, Stay safe, its pretty bad outside, make sure you bundle up...."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah.... ok! Byyyeee!" I hung up.

"Serenity." Jason softly called me, sending chills up my spine.

The flashback of this morning was in the back of my head somewhere. Making me even more awkward than I already am.

"J-Jason!" I replied, smiling at him, happy to see him. His dark towering silhouette stepped toward the bed at an angle where just a glimpse of his face could be seen. "I want to practice." I bit my lip and crawled closer to the edge of the bed. "I want to help more." He tilted his head down at me, eyebrows knotted together faintly in confusion. I smiled, holding his hand. His gaze lowered to our hands, tilting his head at my enthusiasm... as if it were weird to be happy to see him...