The Sword

Song for the chapter: Tash Sultana- Jungle

"Am I ready for that?" Because I don't think I am.

"Maybe, we'll see." He smiled softly. "Don't worry."

He grabbed my hand tightly.

"Brazil." Jason whispered.

One second, the empty, lonely sound of commercials playing in the distance. The next second, the sound of a waterfall, birds chirping, bugs, water droplets falling onto plants.

 The next second, the sound of a waterfall, birds chirping, bugs, water droplets falling onto plants

The weather was slightly warmer, very humid. The smell of rain was very noticeable, almost suffocating.

"Wow," I smiled. "This is beautiful." I looked all around, the colors of green plant life thriving, small colors in the plants that I have no idea of, the birds, all so beautiful.

"Lets go." He grabbed my hand.

"How-how do I fight it?"

"You can't purify a demon, its pure evil." He cleared a path for me to walk through.

For some reason, I have a feeling my socks and shirt aren't going to be white after this.

"So I have to kill it?" I frowned.

"Yes,"

"There's no way for me to cleanse it?" I pouted.

"No, Baby. Cleansing it is killing it. "

"oh."

"Now that you're here, it must sense you. It'll start hunting you, don't get scared. You're immensely stronger that it, don't let fear cripple your potential." I nodded.

"Ugh, its close." I groaned.

Its evil was making me disgusted. It pumped my adrenaline for the fight.

Jason abruptly stopped in front of me, fidgeting uncomfortably. Is it in front?

Peaking around him, I froze.

At least 8ft. Pure black creature, standing on four skinny, stick-like legs. It's long legs disgustingly furry reminding me of a friend of mine. As if that wasn't enough, its body of a human had  various sets of sharp teeth. Because of it's human body, when it walked it almost looked like it was walking on its arms and legs. I watched as it spit black vomit out of its horrendous mouth onto the roots of a tree. 

"What. In the. Fuck. Is that?" I gasped in horror, watching the demon use its stilts of legs to walk up the hill, away from us.

"Serenity, listen-"

I couldn't hear anything Jason said once I saw its body shift its limbs around to face our direction. Bloody red eyes wide and hungry, its rows of teeth sharp, dripping in that poisonous substance.