They Don't Know About Us: First-Year Final Part

Chapter 26: Finale

Eilidh and Phoenix give hugs to their friends as they begin to leave the Manor. Draco can feel a small source of warmth coming from his best friend. He actually likes it.

"Owl me?" Phoenix asked him with a smile.

"Of course," he smiles back.

She gives him one last smile before turning around to join with her mother, Leith, and her father as a raven.

"Narcissa, I wish to speak with Draco alone," Lucius speaks up to his wife, sounding serious.

Narcissa is a little taken back, but looks at her son before, proceeding with the arrangement.

Draco gulps nervously before following his father in the Drawing Room. "Yes, Father?" he speaks up, trying not to sound nervous.

"Do you fancy Phoenix?" his father's question surprised Draco.

"What do you mean, Father?" he asked, trying to act confused, but Lucius knows better.

"Don't play with me, Draco," Lucius hits him on the shoulder with his cane. "You two shouldn't be together because you're too young to know about what forever is like."

That stunned the young Malfoy. "What's wrong with us getting together eventually?" he asked him, glaring up to him. "She's from a pureblood family and pureblood herself."

"But she's a blood traitor-"

"No, she's not!" Draco bursts out angrily.

"Draco! Don't talk back at me!" Lucius hits him again, causing pain in the same shoulder. But then Lucius calms but glares deadly at him. "Don't think about expanding your friendship with young Miss Emberson," and with that, he leaves his son in the room.

Draco glares at his father, ignoring the pain in his shoulder. "He doesn't know what he's talking about," he says, growling under his breath. "He'll be jealous about us, Phoenix," he smiles to himself, thinking about his best friend.

A couple of weeks flew by, Phoenix and her family fly down on land near a structure, looking similar to a chess piece. When her feet land on the grounds, her heart stops at sight. She is moments away from meeting her favourite author. The young girl is getting nervous to the point where her pale hands begin to sweat.

"Phoenix," Eilidh speaks up, noticing her daughter's demeanor, "are you alright?" she asked, a little confused.

"What if I messed up?" the young Slytherin girl asked, looking up at her mother worried.

"You'll do fine, Phoenix," Serpent tells her in his human form. "Why are you nervous?" he asked.

"Daddy, he's the writer and editor of The Quibbler," she reminds him, looking at him. "It's like a dream coming true for me to meet Xenophilius Lovegood, but what if the dream will become a nightmare?" she asked, now scared.

"Don't be nervous, little princess," Eilidh assures Phoenix with a smile, hugging her from the side and kissing her head. "We share many beliefs and knowledge with the Lovegoods, and I don't see anything to worry about," her mother's words did ease her mind, but Phoenix is still nervous about what will happen.

They went through the old, worn down broken gate and were greeted by signs of "Editor of the Quibbler" or "Pick Your Own Mistletoe." A zig-zag trail leads them towards the structure. Phoenix's eyes are focused on the structure after seeing the plants around them. Eilidh and Serpent are looking at the nature surrounding them, enjoying the new surroundings. Leith sees an owl standing in one of the trees with a flattened hawk-like head. He smiles up to him for a hello, which the owl smiles back softly.