They Don't Know About Us: First-Year Part 9

Chapter 9:

Draco is struggling to keep his Slytherin scarf around his neck in the Common Room. It's getting closer to the Christmas break, meaning the Dungeons are seriously cold.

"Bloody hell!" he growls once it falls down.

"Here let me help," Phoenix speaks up, coming over and gently fixing his scarf into a necktie fashion. "Draco, neckties are a part of our uniforms and you can't do a simple scarf?" she jokes.

"Nobody does their scarf like this," he says with a slight glare.

"The only two people I know who do this fashion outside of my mummy are me and Granger," Phoenix mentions. "There you go," she smiles and is done with his scarf.

"You called mudblood by her last name?" he asked, a little confused.

"My family prefers last names than pity little names because pity names are beneath us," she rolls her eyes. "You got any plans for Christmas?" she changes the subject.

"My mum is decorating the Manor for Christmas because she loves this holiday," Draco answers, walking out of the Common Room with Phoenix. "She probably loves it more than Valentine's Day. What about you?" he asked.

"My birthday is on Christmas Eve," she smiles, sparking the young Malfoy's interest. "I'm going to turn eleven years old. So, yea, my family gets spoiled during this time, especially with lots of cauldron cakes and dragon's milk."

"I can eat five cakes in one sitting," he says, proudly.

She rolls her eyes while smirking, "I can ten in one sitting!"

"Oh, I have to beg to differ, Miss Emberson," he jokes along, chuckling.

"Hey, easy now there, Mr. Malfoy," she smirks more, placing as well. "Are you challenging a Slytherin princess?" she asked, still smirking, walking towards the Great Hall.

"Not at all, your highness," he catches up, smirking more, "because I'm the Slytherin prince!" he says, proudly.

They both laugh at their silliness.

The Sunday before Christmas Day, everyone who's going home for the Holiday packs the last of their stuff before the train ride at eleven o'clock in the morning.

Phoenix already has her stuff ready for the Christmas holiday. She's beyond excited to return home to tell her parents about the adventures she has experienced already and maybe get some answers for some questions that have been swimming in her head for a while now.

Draco's in the Slytherin Common Room waiting for his crew and Phoenix to be ready for their train ride back home. He fixes his Slytherin scarf to impress his parents that he's been placed in Slytherin, just like him. He sees a creature swim by a window, at first slow, but swims away rapidly.

"Why does she enjoy having magical creatures around?" he mumbles to himself, a little confused, thinking about Phoenix.

"Draco?" a familiar voice speaks up from his side, starling him.

"Phoenix!" he gasped, jumping to the other side.

"Oh, I'm sorry Draco, I didn't mean to startle you," she apologizes, surprised to see him startled.

He looks at her outfit, confused. She's wearing a long-sleeved black high neck top with a long ruffled emerald green layered skirt that stops above the ankles with black leggings underneath. A long black lace coverup flows around her as her pale wide feet have on sandals with a little more of height to them. Slytherin winter gear is in their rightful places.