They Don't Know About Us: First-Year Part 15

Chapter 15:

Hagrid looks through the aisles of bookshelves for something in mind. He appears to be lost looking for whatever it is.

Phoenix is writing down some notes on some parchment at a table with her Slytherin friends in the library. They are working on their homework and getting some studying. She sees the giant hybrid from the corner of her eye. "I'll be right back," the Slytherin girl whispers to the young men, standing up.

Draco nods his head to her before returning to his work.

Emberson heads towards Hagrid's location. "Hagrid?" she speaks to him, coming towards him. "May I ask why are you here?" she asked.

"Oh, Phoenix!" he's surprised to see the first year Slytherin. "I was looking for books about...raising dragons," he whispers quietly at the last part.

"You know you could have come to me about raising dragons," she tells him, whispering quietly as well. "And why the sudden interest?" Phoenix asked, curiously.

"I won a card game last Hogsmeade trip and I received a dragon egg," he smiles.

"A dragon egg?" she asked, surprised.

"Yes," he nods his head.

"If you like, later on tonight after dinner, I can give you everything you need to know about raising dragons," she offers.

"Promise me that you won't tell anyone?" he asked, a little worried.

"Tell anyone what?" she asked confused before smirking.

He chuckles.

Meanwhile at another part of the library, Harry and Ron are at another table reading something for homework when Hermione comes up to them with a huge book in her arms.

She drops it onto the table, making Harry jump. "I had you looking in the wrong section! How could I be so stupid?" she's a little annoyed with herself. "I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading," she opens the book.

"This is light?" Ron questioned.

Hermione glares at him. "Of course!" she finds it. "Here it is!" she points her finger at the writing. "Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!"

"The what?" the Gryffindor boys asked.

"Honestly, don't you two read?" She's annoyed with them. "The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal."

"Immortal?" Ron asked.

"It means you'll never die," Hermione says.

"I know what it means!"

Harry shushes him.

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday!" she reads more. "That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor," she makes a connection. "That's what's under the trapdoor....the Philosopher's Stone."

The three of them look at each other.

Leith and Phoenix head towards Hagrid's Hut for the newest addition to the family when they see the three Gryffindors from before.

"Potter? Weasley? Granger?" she calls for them, confused to see them. "What are you doing here?" she asked, running up to them.

"On a mission, Emberson," Hermione glares back at her before knocking on the door.