They Don't Know About Us: First-Year Part 11

Chapter 11:

The sunrays gently enter into Phoenix's bedroom through the heavy black curtains. A black cat is under the soft grey covers and then turns to the side, transforming into the little girl on her back.

A snake slytherin her bedroom and sees the little girl still sleeping peacefully. The creature slithers towards the bed and trails up on the covers, then transforms into a man in his late thirties with waist-length raven black hair, ultra-pale skinned lean and muscular, and a vampire-like appearance. He has on black pants that are loose around his shins and matching black long-sleeved shirt with no shoes on. Under his loose sleeves are black faux leather wristbands lace with strong black twigs.

"Happy birthday, my daughter," he speaks to her softly with his deep voice smiling, gently waking her up.

"Th-Thank you, Daddy," Phoenix greets softly through a sleepy smile. "You're in human form?" she asked, staring at him a little longer.

"Don't you remember, little princess?" he asked with a chuckle. "I only am in human form for special occasions and Christmas Eve is very special for us. Especially when Christmas is the only time we get really spoiled," he smirks a little at that.

"Daddy," Phoenix chuckles, sitting up smiling. "It's nice to be spoiled, but being rotten spoiled is something else."

"Oh, boy, we raised you too well," he pretends to freak out, but that didn't last as he lets out a laugh. "Go and get ready for your birthday. Your mother has something planned for breakfast," he tells her.

"Okay, Daddy."

Serpent stands up from the pre teen's bed and begins to leave the room, but turns his head back to see her fixing up her bed.

"We are raising your daughter a little too well," he says, walking into the dining room/kitchen area.

"My daughter? Oh, please," she chuckles. "Wait until she becomes a woman and she will become our blissful nightmare, like how I was a teenager," she places down the pancakes on the table.

"My little princess being like how you were like when your father treated you badly?" he asked, wrapping his arms around her small waist, pulling her close. "Not a chance."

"You really think so?" she asked, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Your father was following the strict rules of the Emberson Family, so he was blinded to see your happiness," he says softly in her shoulder and neck area, "Especially when that boy broke your beautiful heart," he adds in, kissing her pale flesh. "Your life is so much better, I can see it in your eyes," he smiles with his dark grey eyes half-closed.

Eilidh smirks at him with a chuckle. "Always charming even before you revealed yourself to be human as well."

"You were the first human that healed me up after an attack from a werewolf," he remembers that memory. "Of course, at the time, I was a stubborn raven."

She giggles a little. "You're still a stubborn raven," she kisses him on the lips, "but I wouldn't have it any other way."

"The same form that I've met you," he smiles, kissing her this time.

Phoenix was watching her parents from the stairs as a smile curled up on her pale face. "I can't wait to have a suitor just like how Daddy loves Mummy when I grow up," she thinks to herself.

Serpent looks up to see Phoenix on the stairs wearing a long-sleeved black lace dress that's flowy. Her raven black/dark grey hair has its natural waves under her headpiece. No shoes on her feet as usual outside of the uniforms. Simple, but pretty.