They Don't Know About Us: First-Year Part 25

Chapter 25:

As the Malfoys and Embersons get closer to the fancy restaurant, Phoenix begins to feel uncomfortable, but she doesn't show it. She can hear whispers from people from a distance in her head. Mostly from people from the restaurant.

"Close your mind," she hears her mother's voice. She looks over to the woman across from her. Eilidh senses her discomfort. "Do what you usually do at school," she tells her, staring down at her.

Phoenix closes her eyes for a moment before opening again for a response.

They soon arrive at the restaurant.

She closes her mind like her mother as she stays close to either Draco or Eilidh.

Uncomfortable stares are shooting towards them - mainly the mother and daughter duo.

Shake-like language speaks through the little girl's mouth softly. Eilidh similarly speaks to her.

Translation:

"Mummy," Phoenix asked, worriedly, to her mother.

"Nothing's gonna harm you while I am around," her mother tells her softly.

End Translation.

Draco can hear the foreign language behind him between his best friend and his mother. He looks at them at the corner of his eyes, a little confused, but keeps his mouth closed.

They soon arrive at around, fancy set table.

Draco helps Phoenix into her chair next to her mother, where he also helps Eilidh.

"Thank you, Draco," Phoenix smiles at the youngest Malfoy.

He smiles back, nodding his head.

Eilidh and Phoenix don't know what to do at a fancy dinner, but after secretly reading their friends' minds, they quickly pick up what's what and enjoy the feast. It's quite a lot of food, like maybe like six or seven courses. They do their hardest to eat as much as possible, but Draco can see they're struggling a little, especially when it comes to meat products.

"Finally someone understands me," the youngest Malfoy thinks to himself, happy to see someone agrees of how much food is there for them.

"I'm so sorry, Ellie," Narcissa apologizes to her best friend. "I should have called and asked for vegetarian or seafood options for you both," she noticed their discomfort with the meat products.

"Oh, Nissy, it's okay!" Eilidh assures her, surprised by her apology. "You shouldn't rearrange everything for us because we don't eat land meat."

"Wouldn't seafood be meat as well?" Lucius asked, a little confused.

"Yes, it is, but we only eat seafood for an extra source of protein when needed," the mother explains as the little girl quietly takes a sip of her dragon's milk.

Music begins to play, a little louder than the previous music playing.

Draco wants to ask Phoenix to dance, but when he turns back to his best friend, Phoenix has a smile on her face while looking up to her mother and gently tugging on her arm.

Eilidh smirks back, placing down her drink that she was drinking.

They both get up from their chairs, and head to the dance floor like others have joined.

The Malfoys watch their friends get into position in front of each other and begin to dance? Eilidh and Phoenix are spinning around the opposite of each other with their hands circling by the wrists. They both have smiling curling upon their faces as they look like they are dancing with such grace.

Lucius and Narcissa look at each other confused like everyone around the strange mother and daughter.

Draco was a different story. He watches the girl dancing without a care in the world with her mother. The Malfoys were taught at a young age how to dance, mainly the ballroom dance. So, seeing Phoenix dancing a different rhythm is a refreshing sight. He likes it.

"Draco?" Lucius speaks up to his son when they see him stand up and walk over to the dancing duet.

Phoenix turns, notice her best friend approaching her. Eilidh wraps her arms around her daughter, watching the little boy, a little surprised and confused.

He bows to his best friend with a smile, offering a dance.

She smiles back, curtsies to him.

They didn't know what dance to do, but somewhere they read each other's minds.

Her right arm moves in front of him in a soft swing while his left arm softly swings in front of him. Their upper bodies circle opposite each other before mirroring each other by making a big circle from the sides. Draco and Phoenix meet together into small swirls in front of them, trailing down to their feet.

Everyone watches them spin around, away from one another. Most people smiled and returned to whatever they were previously doing, both others, like Lucius, didn't like what they saw. The dance between them isn't what the dancing Draco was raised to do.

In Draco's mind, he actually feels happy. Happy that he has someone who understands him. "Maybe Phoenix is the one I've been waiting for all my life," Draco thinks about a hidden secret of his as a smile curls upon his face.