They Don't Know About Us: First-Year part 1

Chapter 1:

Draco Malfoy received hugs and kisses from his parents, mostly his mother, before getting onto the Hogwarts Express. He's quite annoyed with a lot of students around him for lack of personal space. Also, rumors about a boy by the name of Harry Potter are spreading through the train. The young Malfoy decided on the next one on his left.

The compartment only has one person in it. It's a young girl around his age or younger. She's wearing the standard school uniform like him, but she has on a matching skirt that goes down past her knees as black tights cover her legs, but stops at her pale, wide feet. Long grey socks are placed to the side along with uniform shoes. Raven black hair with grey highlights falls just barely touching her shoulders. Moonlight pale skin stands out through the dark colours. The girl is reading the latest edition of the Quibbler as her dark grey eyes read each word with such interest.

"Can I help you?" she asked, still reading the magazine, her voice sounds veela-like.

"Everywhere else is filled," he sighs.

"You can stay here if you like," she replies with a smile, lowering down her magazine to look at him. "I don't mind the company."

"That depends, are you pureblood?" he asked a question that made her chuckle. "You think me asking is funny?" Draco asked, glaring at her.

"I'm just not surprised to hear that from a Malfoy," the girl replies with a smirk, returning to her magazine, "but if you must know, I'm pureblood just like you."

"What gave away my family name?"

"You look a lot like your father and you asked about my blood status," she explains. "My name is Phoenix Emberson, if you were wondering, Mr. Malfoy," she smiles, introducing herself.

"It's Draco, Draco Malfoy," he narrows his eyes at her, sitting across from Phoenix. "Why aren't you wearing your socks and shoes?" he asked, noticing the socks and shoes.

"I don't like socks and footwear very much."

"You're weird."

"Why thank you, I've been called worse," Phoenix smiles at that.

"I wasn't trying to be nice," he says, scowling a little.

All she did was smirk again while shrugging her shoulders.

Draco raised an eyebrow at this girl

A trolley comes by their compartment filled with delicious sweets. "Anything off the trolley, dears?" the trolley witch asked.

"Do you have cauldron cakes?" Phoenix asked the elderly witch, smiling softly.

"Yes, I do," the witch smiles back.

"Four of those please," Draco says, pulling out some money. "Two for you and two for me," he explains to Phoenix.

"I don't mind," she says.

Within the darkness, the Express blows its whistle as it pulls up into an outdoor station.

"Oh, we're here," Phoenix points out, looking out the window.

"Yea," Draco says, getting his stuff from above him.

"How exciting," she smiles big.

"Great, I had a train ride with a Hufflepuff," he thinks to himself, groaned a little. "Guess, I'll see-" he turns around to where Phoenix was, but she has disappeared without a trance. Even her stuff was gone. "Phoenix?" he asked, looking around the empty room. "Must be seeing things," the young Malfoy mumbles to himself, shaking his head.