They Don't Know About Us: First-Year Part 18

Chapter 18:

The next morning is a little strange for Phoenix because the moment when she opens her eyes, a note is folded nicely next to her on the pillow. It's not for her, but for.....her mother.

"To the Beautiful Eilidh Emberson," is written on it.

"What the heck?" she asked, grabbing it. She opens the letter and immediately begins to read.

"My beloved Eilidh,

Not a day goes by when I don't think about your long beautiful thick grey hair, your big black eyes sparkling like the waters of the Black Lake, and the brightness of your milky white skin.

Days are counting down to the day when we will meet again, my lady. I can imagine pulling you into my arms and kissing your delicious-looking lips.

My offer still stands since the day I first met you.

Will you be my beautiful Lady?

Love,

Lord Voldemort"

Phoenix's eyes widened as she jolted up from her bed, waking up Leith from his sleep. "Leith," she speaks softly, turning to him, "your grandmother might be in trouble," she tells him, fearing for her mother's safety.

The firedrake's head perks up shocked and scared as well.

"When we get back home, we must be at full alert," she whispers, realizing it.

Phoenix and Leith hide their fear for today, especially since it's her best friend's birthday.

Classes go by as usual today, but both best friends have noticed that their classmate isn't in their classes. It's not like they cared, but it was rather strange.

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Draco, Happy Birthday to you," Phoenix sings to him later on that night with a smile. She presents a dozen of cauldron cupcakes in front of him.

Draco smiles at the dozen cupcakes in front of him. They both are on Phoenix's bed as Leith is on her head. It's past curfew, but there are still a few more hours till midnight. Two candles of a '1' and '2' lit up in front of him.

He closes his eyes as he makes a wish. "I wish to be with Phoenix and Leith forever," he thinks to himself before blowing out the candles.

"Yay!" Phoenix smiles and claps her hands. "I hope your wish will come true, Draco," she says as she gently takes the candles off of the cupcakes.

"I know it will," he smirks, confidently.

She smirks back before feeling nervous. "Umm, for our birthday present to you is something I made by myself," she says nervously. "I know you're used to expensive stuff, but I want to give you something that's more like what my presents are like."

Draco's eyes widen when he sees the gift in her hands. It's a bracelet made of a string of black beads like the one that he gave her for her birthday, but this one has an image of a dragon in the same design.

"Wow, Phoenix," he mumbles, surprised.

"Oh, gosh, you don't like it," she took his surprise as a negative. "I'll put this away somewhere else-"

"No!" he outbursts, shocking them. "I really like it, Phoenix," the young Malfoy tells her with a smile.

"R-Really?"

He nods his head smiling a little.

The young Emberson smiles back.

Draco takes the bracelet and places it on his right wrist. "They look like they match," he notices the two bracelets.

"Phoenix and dragon bracelets," she smiles, seeing it too.  "A special bond we have," she comments, looking up to him, smiling softly.

Leith squeals a little, liking the sight of the two bracelets together.

"So, Birthday Boy," Phoenix smirks, "what else do you want to do since we have like about less than three hours left?" she asked, knowing fully what he wants.

"Rematch in Wizard Chess," Draco smirks back, feeling competitive.

"You know you can win against me," she tells him, feeling competitive as well, as she looks at him, being so close.

"Let's see about that princess," he smirks like her, leaning close to her as well. "What's the score for this year?" he asked.

"One hundred and thirteen from me and fifty from you," she answers. "Let's begin, Slytherin prince."

"Ladies first, Slytherin princess."

The chessboard appears in-between as Leith watches them, being as score keeper.