They Don't Know About Us: First-Year Part 10

Chapter 10:

A woman in her mid-thirties hums a tune as she places beautifully decorated cookies on a Christmas plate. Her long dark grey hair is pulled into a low ponytail as the dark roots peeking out. Her big dark eyes are piercing and have wickedness lace within them. The ultra pale petite body with curves is dressed in a high waisted dark green flowy long skirt that stops at her bare feet as a strapless black top is tucked in with a straight neckline. She feels so cozy in her warm cottage in the snowy weather in Queen's Wood.

She hears the front door open.

"Mummy, I am home!" Phoenix's voice calls out smiling big.

"My little princess is home?!" the woman gasps happily, heading towards where she is. The moment when she sees the little girl, her eyes widen in happiness and proudness. "Oh, my gosh!!" She has a huge smile on her face with her hands raised to her open mouth. "You are my daughter!" Eilidh is over the moon happy to see the Slytherin uniform on Phoenix. Then she gets a little teary eye. "My baby is growing up!" she emotionally tells her with a smile.

"Only on the outside, Mummy," Phoenix smiles, walking over to hug her mother.

"Of course, daughter," Eilidh smiles back, hugging her back. "Go upstairs and unpack. Also, put on some more comfortable clothes to wear," she tells her. "Do you need your uniforms washed?" she asked.

"Yes, Mummy," the little girl answers with a smile. "Will night clothing be alright to wear?"

"Of course it is since it's becoming dark out."

"Okay!" she smiles more before heading towards her bedroom upstairs.

The raven let out some calls and landed on Eilidh's bare shoulder.

"I try my hardest, but I'm not as good as you are, Serpent," she smiles to the raven, laying her head gently on the creature with a smile. He speaks again in a mischievous manner, making her let out a laugh. "Serpent! Easy there, husband, save your strength, remember?" she smirks, blushing a little.

He rolls his dark grey eyes with a smirk on his dark beak.

Phoenix casts her wand to reveal her stuff out of her pockets and the trunks are placed on her twin-sized bed. She puts everything away without magic in their rightful places. Afterward, the trunks are placed at the end of the bed.

The little girl has replaced her uniform with some black pajama pants that are loose around her shins and touch the ground. Also, a tight black tank top is on her upper body. No shoes on her now free feet.

She lets out a sigh of relief before laying on her bed with a smile. It feels so good to return to her room, familiar territory. Phoenix's bedroom is a soft gray tone with a couple of hints of soft lavender and a few hints of black branches. Almost like a little girl's room slowly turning into a teenager, but still being kid-like in her eyes.

There's a headband made out of dusty grey roses and black twigs placed on her head. "Man, it's been too long," she enjoys the headband within her hair again.

"Phoenix! Dinner!" Eilidh calls out from the dining room.

"Coming, Mummy!" Phoenix calls out with a smile.

Her mother has just set up the dining room table for the three of them when Phoenix comes down the stairs.

"There's a familiar sight!" Eilidh praises her daughter wearing her rose headpiece. "You know you can bring it to Hogwarts," she says.

"I know, but I would hardly wear it because of the uniform requirements," she mentions as she sits down in her usual on the right side of the head of the table.

Her mother sits across from her and her father sits on the back of the head chair.

"So, how was your first term in Hogwarts, Phoenix?" Eilidh asked with a smile, placing some food on a plate. "We received your report card yesterday and we are very happy with all O's," she adds in, offering the plate to Phoenix.

"Thank you, mummy," Phoenix thanked her, accepting the plate. "Yes, I always made sure that all of my homework and schoolwork was done, which I became one of Professor Snape's favourite students."

The raven speaks in a question.

"Severus Snape, yes, Daddy."

"I remember Severus!" Eilidh speaks up. "I was in my sixth year when he came to Hogwarts and I became like a mentor to him. His words not mine," she chuckles.

"Yea, he will ask how you both were doing over some tea and oh he apologizes for not writing letters lately," Phoenix mentions, taking a bite of her food.

"He doesn't need to apologize that he's not writing. He's a professor now and he is a very busy man."

Serpent asked Phoenix about something.

"When I got there, the dark forest was forbidden," that made Serpent and Eilidh look at their daughter shocked.

"What did you say?" Eilidh asked first.

"Headmaster Dumbledore told us that the forest was forbidden because ever since Daddy left, the forest has gotten dangerous. I assumed that they were referring to the werewolves or the creatures attacking each other, I wasn't sure why Dumbledore would say that. Unfortunately, I got in trouble for entering the forest, even when I told them that Daddy was my father," she sighs, not wanting to think about it.

"Properly, safety for both humans and creatures," Eilidh tells Serpent, turning her head to him.

"Well, the good news about it, Dumbledore asked for me to write an essay about Magical Creatures Equality which I completed by the next day," Phoenix smiles.

"What are his thoughts about it?" her mother asked.

"Honestly, I am not sure," she admits. "As soon as I gave it to him the essay, he didn't come to me to talk about it afterward."

"Being a headmaster is a very busy position, probably busier than a professor," Eilidh points out.

"I see," she nods her head. "Bloody Baron says hi," Phoenix smirks, knowing her friendship with the house ghost.

Her mother has a huge smile on her face at the mention of the House Ghost.