They Don't Know About Us: First-Year Part 7

Chapter 7:

Next morning, Phoenix appears out of the girls' dorms, all dressed for the day, but of course, she's missing a shoe.

"I really should have thought about it afterwards," she sighs, walking down the stairs towards the Common Room.

"Oh, Phoenix, there you are!" Draco appears towards her, holding something behind his back.

"Something wrong, Draco?" Phoenix asked, surprised to see him standing before her.

"Where's your shoe?" he asked while looking down at her sock covered foot.

"It's a long story," Phoenix quietly answered, a little embarrassed of the situation.

"You don't need to explain," he smirks.

Phoenix was going to ask about his behavior, but she gasps a little when the young Malfoy kneels down in front of her to offer her shoe. Slowly, she lifts her foot up and he gently places the shoe on her foot.

"Thank you, Draco," she smiles a little.

"You're welcome, Phoenix," he smiles back. "Are you going to the Quidditch game on Saturday?" he asked.

"Of course, I'm going," she chuckles. "It's Slytherin v.s. Gryffindor afterall."

He chuckles back.

They both head to the great hall.

Saturday came and in the great hall, Harry played with his food with his fork, nervous about the game.

"Take a bit of toast, mate, go on," Ron says to Harry.

"Ron's right, Harry," Hermione agrees. "You're gonna need your strength today."

"I'm not hungry," Harry says.

That's when Professor Snape appears before him. "Good luck today, Potter," he says in his monotone voice. "Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you...even if it is against Slytherin." Professor Snape leaves with a little bit of limp.

"That explains the blood," Harry notices the limp.

"Blood?" Hermione asked him.

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three-headed dog. But he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping."

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" she wonders.

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid tooks something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret," he explains.

"So, you're saying-"

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants," Harry believes.

An owl screeches out, catching their attention. It's Hedwig, Harry's owl. She's carrying a very large, long parcel before dropping it off to him.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione comments.

"But I-I never get mail," Harry's a little surprised.

"Let's open it," Ron speaks.

The three open it to reveal a broomstick.

"It's a broomstick!" Harry said.

"That's not just any broomstick, Harry," Ron notices it. "It's a Nimbus 2000!"

"But who...?" Harry asked, confused of who it could. Then he sees Professor McGonagall up at the head table, gently stroking Hedwig.