47 Story

(their house above)

**Alessandra's Santoro pov**

After two hours of shopping we finally got what we needed. I bought some black combat boots and Norah got the same one's, I didn't let her buy any other shoes due to my state. I got black leggings and sweats along with a dark pine color zip up hoodie. Norah got the same leggings, a black hoodie and a gray backpack, not to mention the two gray and two black shirts.

On our way 'home' we stopped at a grocerie shop. It was small, but had all the food items we needed. I don't know how long we'll be there, but for now we bought a small amount of food. Bread, eggs, milk, tea, peanut butter, bannanas, apples, chocolate and some thirty cents packet ramen noodles. I know that they are really uhealthy but for now it will do.

I kept on delaying our conversation. I knew that I would need to talk to her one way or another but I really did not want to. But I need to get shit off my chest, I can't keep that rage inside of me. With every miserable minute passing, my anger, rage, sadness, numbness and fire only grew bigger. I was about to explode. My head was pounding, my eyes were swealing. My lips were numb and red from my teeth butting it. My palms had small, red lines from my nails digging into them.

When we were going to the house I remembered this place like I was here yesterday. Every inch, every corner, every building, every house, every street reminder me of the times that I was genuinely happy. My lips twitched up at the memory. If only I could hug them and be in their embrace. I would do anything, and I mean anything, just to see them one last time and say a proper goodbye.

'You won't fail us. I'm proud of you, mia bella ragazza' My moms last words started to ring through my ears. Those were her last moments that she whispered to me. She took my hand and squeezed it before her eyes closed and her breathing stopped. I was screaming inside, watching my parents cold, lifeless bodies lay on the ground. Our table was flipped on it's side, the dishes and decorations were on the ground, shattered. Our table was in the corner of the room, nearest to the emergency exit. Out of the corner of my eye I was the men shooting almost every single person twice. I started crawling towards the emergency exit. When I finally got to the door I stood up and got outside, trying not to make any sound. 'I won't fail you, I promise.' I whispered when I started to run wherever my legs carried me.

And here I am. Sitting in a car with my long lost sister. Breaking a promise that I couldn't keep. I failed them. I fail everyone and everything. Why the fuck am I still breathing? I can't do anything right.

When we neared towards the house I felt a tear slip down my cheek, I immediately wiped it so Norah could notice, but I was too late. She placed her hand on my shoulder and started to trace small circles with her thumb. It relaxed me a bit, but not fully. I was still cursing myself for breaking the promise that I made almost eight years ago. I still hate myself for it.

I left my car a few metres away from the house. We got out of it with all of our stuff. Bags in each of our hand. I locked the car and started walking on the bumpy and dusty road. We took a final turn and we stood right in front of the house. Both of us stopped and just admired the house in the dark. After a few moments I turned my head to Norah and gave her a small smile. She nodded and both of started walking to the back of the house.

"Why are we going through the back?" She asked as we appeared in front of the back door, which was blocked with a few wood pieces who were nailed to the door.

"Because," I said as I dropped the bags and started breaking the wood. "nobody can know that we're here." I let out a grunt as I finally kicked the door open.

"Why no-?" Norah questioned before cutting the words short and helping me with the entrance. I glanced at her before picking up the bags "Oh..." She followed my motions and we both got inside.