1 Run

**Alessandra's Santoro pov**

"I know this is not the first time I'm leaving you to close for the night and certainly not the last, but you'll be okay by yourself, right?" My boss, Jack asked with a concerned look on his face. An almost 60 year old man, gray haired and wide nosed is still going strong with his bisuness after his wife died just a year ago.

"Yeah I'll be alright," I gave him a small smile that didn't reach my eyes. "Nothing bad will happen, what could even happen to me? I'll outrun them." I raised a brow.

"A lot of things can happen, it's a dangerous world out there." Jack said with a doubtful smile.

Those are the words my parents live by.

"I'll be fine" I sighed and started to put on my gloves for work. I didn't convince myself with my anwser, sure as hell didn't convince him.

He walked closer to the doors. "Get a good night rest, Alessandra, I'll see you tomorow." He sternly said, like he meant it, and walked out the door.

"See you" I said and immediately relaxed. I looked at the clock on the wall. One more hour of my shift and I can go home.

I slightly groaned, but started mopping the floor to the quiet lofi music that was coming from the speakers. I slightly hummed to the sound of the music and started swaying the broom from side to side, gracefully. I did some quick spins and turns, some small jumps and the floor was finally clean.

By the time I was done cleaning and organising the shelves and tidying the tables, my working hours ended. I got dressed and packed my stuff. Turned all the lights off and locked the doors.

I'm Alessandra Santoro, a not innocent girl in a not innocent world, who wears a mask to hide her real attitude, but in that sweet, rainbows and unicorns world I used to be Camilla Lee. A sweet girl, who dreamed of having a perfect life. A perfect family, a perfect boyfriend who would soon be her husband, a perfect job, a perfect house and a perfect mind-set. But now, I wasn't that girl anymore. I don't have a perfect life, a perfect family, a perfect boyfriend who would soon be my husband, a perfect house and a perfect mind-set. I don't have any of those things - except the perfect apartment - everything was taken away from me when I was only fourteen years old. A teenage girl living her life to the fullest in Italy, where she grew up...Camilla's parents were killed in a shoot out. Out of forty people, she was the only one to survive.

The warm summer wind blew through my bare skin, slightly lifting the bottom of my shirt. My outfit consisted of black jeans and black shirt, paired white sneakers. The sun was starting to set. Sky was painted orange, pink, blue and purple colors and clouds were still there.

As I approached an alley I heard a men's scream that made me freeze.

Oh, they've got to be kidding me. I'll never be comfortable with someone screaming on top of their lungs.

I reached for the buildings coarner to look who the hell is screaming this late in the evening. But it was too late since I heard 3 loud gunshots. I didn't see people's faces, I only saw their backs turned towards me. They were in a small circle, but I didn't see what was in the middle of it. I gasped and started to walk back but to my luck I tripped and fell to the ground. The sound reached 5 men's ears and started to walk towards me, since I heard their footsteps I quickly got up and started to run as fast as I could.

I started to run even faster and my heart started beating whole lot more faster, when one of them really calmy said, "You better goddamn catch her." and it scared me more than those gunshots I just heard.

"Yes boss." the other four replied in sync.

What the hell is this?

At this moment I was thanking the lords for having long legs and being a fast runner. My heart was racing like crazy. I've been scared a lot of times in my life, but scared like this? Yeah, that's a first. When I approached a small bridge over a small river in the dark I mentally face-palmed myself for not running to the opposite side of the city. No lights, no people, no anything were here. Some gunshots echoed through the air and I had to duck sometimes.