A Lisa By Any Other Name

Lisa spent most of her time in the hospital reading, playing her sax, doing homework, and talking to family. She got some visits from friends. Milhouse, the Flanders, even Sideshow Bob, She was disappointed Nelson didn't though. The most surprising thing was when the Lovejoys visited. At first Lisa thought they were going to preach to her about sinning. On the contrary; they came to apologize to her.

"Lisa, it's been a while since we've seen each other." Tim said.

"Yes." Lisa replied. "It has."

"We're probably the last people you'd expect to see here."

"Definitely." Lisa said flatley. Tim chuckled a bit.

"Yes. I don't blame you, I suppose. Helan and I didn't exactly treat you with respect. I dare say we flat you hurt you."

"Why are you here." Tim sighed.

"Lisa, we want to apologize. For how we treated you. We've heard about how you were attacked and agreed that it was wrong despite of what we thought of you. It should have never happened. We failed to see you as a girl just as your family, friends... and our good Lord does. If you think you are female in your soul than you are. I apologize for my bigotry."

"As do I." Helan said.

"I hope you can one day forgive us." Tim finished. Lisa was surprised. This was the last thing she expected to happen. She thought about whether she should forgive them or now. What would Ned and Maude do?

"Thank you, Mr and Mrs. Lovejoy. That really means a lot to me. I think in time I can forgive you. I think you've earned your second chance. I can see you're truly sorry and really appropriate it. Thank you." Lisa smiled.

"How are you feeling." Helan asked.

"I'm better. I'm good to leave in a couple days and go back to school."

"Church too I hope." Tim mentioned.

Lisa chuckled a little. "Yes, church too."

After a couple more days Lisa was released from the hospital. It would be nice to go back home and back to school; Bart disagreed with the latter. Lisa was unbandaged and looked into the mirror and her newself. With her boy parts no longer there he looked like a regular girl now; though it would take a while to heal all the way. It was what she wanted though. Lisa returned to school with a big welcome from her friends and staff.

"Lisa!" Janey screeched. "I'm so happy to see you." She hugged her best friend with Allison behind her also back.

"It's good to be back isn't it?" Allison said.

"Indeed." Lisa smiled. When walking to class she saw Principal Skinner and Superintendent Chlamers. Whie it was a long shot she wondered if they knew Nelson was doing better. She went to ask.

"Well, well , well if it isn't our little testbook. How are you Lisa." Skinner asked.

"I'm fine. I'm happy to be back.I have a question for you both. Do you know how Nelson Muntz is doing. Is she behaving well?

"Why do you wanna know?" Chlamers asked. "He was often trouble."

"I'm just curious."

"Well." Chalmers started. "I don't keep up much with all my pupils, I think Nelson has improved. He did get a detention not long ago." Lisa gasped. "For beating up on those three bullies that hurt you. Other than that he's been doing better." Lisa waa happy to know Nelson was changing.

"I see. Well thank you two."

Lisa and her friends went to the classroom and sat down. Lisa put her homework on Ms. Hoover's desk hoping she would like it. Lisa chatted with her friends and saw the door open. However, it wasn't Ms. Hoover but rather a man with dark hair. He was tall, had a big nose, and was dressed like a revolution soldier.