Lisa, it's your birthday

"You need to visit me more, you lazy bum!" Homer's father Abe yelled. Homer was visiting his father in the retirement home. Marge said Homer wasn't keeping his promise to be nicer to him since he accepted Lisa. But she wasn't the one who had to deal with him for 40 years. Homer sighed as he listened to Abe. He was STILL whining about him. He needed to get out of there.

"Listen dad, it's been nice and all but I just remembered I gotta clean the garage."

"You've never even cleaned your room, little yet the garage." Abe said suspiciously.

"I need to, umm, go to my donut shop."

"You burned that down!"

"I need to get a haircut!" Both Homer and Abe looked at his head. "D'oh!"

"You just don't wanna spend time with me, admit it!"

"C,mon, dad! I just wanna have a little time for myself."

"Makes me wonder how many times you said that to Marge." Homer growled at that a little. "I need your help anyway."

"With what? I'm not people you with any old person thing. Especially anything that involves shoving something up your butt"

"Thanks for reminding me. We'll do that later. But for now I need your help with Lisa's present that I'm making for her." Homer's anger was now replaced by confusion. He walked over to Abe.

"Did you say you're getting Lisa a present?"

"Making her. There's a big difference, Homer." Homer looked over on a table to see what he was making. It looked like two wooden dolls. One looked like Abe and the other looked like Lisa. They were standing on a platform that said "For my granddaughter who has shown bravery, kindness, and intelligence throughout her life. Love Abe Simpson (Grandpa)."

"That's pretty good."

"You didn't think I was completely senile did you?" Abe asked.

Homer laughed. "Welllll." He rubbed his neck. "Why are you making her a present anyway?" Abe looked at him as if lobsters were coming out his ears.

"What the hell are you talking about, boy?"

"Why are you giving Lisa a present? It's not hard to understand."

"Wha ah uh! Are you stupid? It's her birthday tomorrow!"

"Lisa's birthday is tomorrow? AHHHH!"

"How could you forget your own kid's birthday, you heartless monster! By the way when is your birthday again?" Homer ran out of the retirement home and into his car. He had to think of a present and fast.

"How about beer? Lisa will be 9. No, she can't drink for at least 5 years." Homer thought again. "Maybe a razor for when she enters puberty. No! She's not a boy anymore she won't need one." Homer thought again "Oh, I know. A cat she could pet. Ehh she already has one of those." Homer then ran store to store but he couldn't find anything he'd think she would really like. Homer then ran outside looking all around. He then put his hands up and started yelling.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Homer yelled really loud.

At home Lisa was waiting for her birthday to come. She would be turning 9 years old. It would be her last year in single digits. Not only that it would be her first birthday as a girl. She wondered what it would be like. Allison, Samanatha, and twins were all coming over for a party. She assumed Marge would try to make a special one for her. She even wondered if Bart would be different this year. He usually joked around on her birthday. Then there was Homer. He usually gave her presents that were more for himself. It would be much different. Lisa hadn't told anyone about her kiss with Nelson, not even her mom. She assumed it was too soon to tell them. Nelson would be away on her birthday so he wouldn't be over. Downstairs Marge made her she had everything for Lisa's birthday.