Big Brother Bart

"Ay, Caramba!" Luke jumped out of his skin at the sound and fell down. He looked up to see Bart standing there with his mouth hanging open. There was a moment of silence between the two as Luke tried to say something but couldn't. His throat was completely dry, eyes wide, and he was sweating a bit. Bart looked the same. It was over, he had been found out. And it was all because he couldn't fight his urge. Bart was going to yell for mom and dad why would see him wearing a dress and have the same look as Bart. Would they disown him; where would he go? Life at school would be over as Bart would tell everyone and he'd be the laughing stock. Even Janey wouldn't like him anymore. Finally Luke found his voice and spoke up.

"Bart! I can explain this." Luke tried to think of an excuse fast, but it wasn't a really good one. "I was just trying to see if walking in heels is really as hard as women say they are. It was an experiment for school I didn't want to do it. Please please please don't tell mom and dad I don't want them to think I'm weird. It's not like that I like wearing dresses and that I hate being a boy andwanttobeagirlandhatemybodyohpleasepleasepleasedon'ttell. Luke scrambled the last words together taking so fast. Tears were coming from his eyes and he was shaking from both fear and finally telling someone the truth. Bart just looked at him as Luke fell to his knees crying. Luke wiped the tears away and spoke up again. "I hate being a boy, Bart. I've wanted to be a girl my whole life so much so that I wear mom's clothes. I remember during Kindergarten I wished every night I would wake up as a girl only to be disappointed when I woke up. I've tried to be a boy for mom and dad but it's hard; and it gets harder everyday. You must think I'm a freak." Lisa concluded. 

He finally said it all. 5 years of hiding and all's it took was being caught. He was still crying not even looking at Bart this time. He couldn't bear to look up at his older brother. Then a hand came down to him, it was Bart's. Luke took it not knowing if this was a trick or not. Luke looked confused as Bart helped him up looking sympathetic. He took off the dress and heels revealing the body he hated so much. He looked away in disgust trying not to think about it.

"How long have you felt like this? Why didn't you tell anyone?" Bart asked looking worriedly and sort of betrayed by his sibling never confronting him. Luke was putting his regular clothes on as Bart said this. 

"Because I thought everyone would hate me. You would all think I'm weird and that I'm a boy and need to accept that. Then I would be sent to a mental hospital for the rest of my life." Luke began tearing again with the confession. But it was also nice to talk about it. It was like lifting a heavy weight off his chest. It felt nice, wonderful, actually. And the best Bart was Bart wasn't mad. He wasn't weirded out or telling mom and dad. He was listening to him instead. Bart put a hand on Luke's shoulder and led him to his bed where they both sat. He was silent for a moment taking all it in. Luke thought this would be the moment he would yell at him, or make fun of him, or go blabbing it to everyone. Bart looked over at the dress lying on the floor and back to Luke deep in thought. 

"You know." Bart said softly. "I think deep down I always knew. You were always more like a sister from the time we were little. I guess I just ignored it thinking that you were happy the way you were. I noticed you liked going to the girls toys and clothes section, you like ponies, you like that stupid Happy Littles Elves show which only girls like. You even talk like one. You should have told me a long time ago. You're my sibling and I would never hate you." 

"I know." Luke said. "It's just really hard to do so. Mom and dad were always so proud of me going around saying "that's my son". "Anytime they said that it really hurt, but I hid it for them. I just don't want to disappoint them or our family. Everyone already knows we're dysfunctional and telling them my problem will only make it worse. That's why I had to stay a boy. As much as it killed me inside I did it for the good of our family's well being. If I told them the truth it might ruin everything. That one great thing about it would be gone because of my gender problems. The older I got the more my body bothered me. There have even been times I stood in the bathroom with scissors or a knife in my hand looking at my...parts." Bart gasped at this. He didn't know Luke had it this bad. "All's I would have to do is cut them off and it would be over. I could finally be a girl forever. Though I was always too scared to do it. Wearing dresses does help, but I can only do it in private. I've thought about telling someone so many times, but I think it will make everyone think I'm crazy. So here we are. I have to be a boy for the good of everyone's happiness in sacrifice of my own." Luke finished sadly. Bart wasn't having it tough.