The Worst Funday ever.

Much of the school week went rather normally. Lisa still got some stares and whispers but they calmed down a little. She would overhear the occasional "tranny" or "freak" but students talking toward each other. The worst class was probably gym as Lisa was an outcast there. She had to change in the nurse bathroom and she would usually be picked last for teams, though that happened as a boy too. Art was okay acide from Largo who didn't like her music. One afternoon Lisa got a little too jazzy with her sax and Largo gave her a detention. She had to help Nelson clean the blackboards. She thought it couldn't get any worse than that. She was cleaning when Nelson was goofing off.

"You know you can help me." Lisa spat bitterly.

""I'm more of a writer on a blackboard, not a janitor." Nelson replied while relaxing. Lisa growed and threw the sponge she was using on the ground.

"You're never going anywhere in life you know that? You're going to live with your parents forever!"

"I only live with my mom. My dad walked out on us a few years back." Lisa felt a little bit of guilt.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"What's to be sorry about?" Nelson replied. "He only went out for a pack of cigarettes. He'll be back when he gets them." Lisa wasn't sure if Nelson was being sarcastic or not.

"Is not having a dad why you bully people, like my brother Bart?"

"I don't know. I do so because I feel like it." Nelson shrugged. He was wondering why Lisa was asking. It was none of her business. 

"I just wish you wouldn't. Bart's a little rough around the edges but he's a good brother. He was the first one to support me you know." There was a moments silence before Nelson talked again. 

"Why do you wanna be a girl anyway? What do girls have that guys don't? Why give up everything that's great to be a boy?"<

Lisa rolled her eyes. She was tired of this question. 

"It's hard to explain. I just feel like one. I feel depressed as a boy and the thought of being a man horrifies me. What if you woke up as a nerd one day. Would you like it?" Lisa asked with her hands on her hips.

"I'd probably beat myself up and with myself a swirlie." Nelson said with a little chuckle. Lisa couldn't help but join in. 

"Well that's how I feel. Everyday for about 5 years. I'm happier this way. It's the new me so get used to it." Lisa said, ending the sentence with a rather harsh voice.

"I didn't say I had a problem did I? I was just asking. If you say you're a girl then you're a girl" Lisa didn't know how to respond to this. She didn't expect this from Nelson Muntz of all people. She continued to clean and Nelson spoke up again.

"It must be hard for you. With all the comments and looks you get. It takes a lot of guts to do that you're going. You might not look like it but you're pretty tough. I admire that." Once again Lisa was speechless. Was this really Nelson? He seemed much more than the typical bully, he seemed rather...physiological. At least when he's not around other kids to bully. 

"Thank you, Nelson. I'm really surprised. You're a lot deeper than I or must give you credit for."

"Yeah, I guess. Just don't tell anyone" Nelson started to help clean then. The rest of the detention was silent to the end. Nelson left without saying goodbye though. Lisa wondered if she offended him by telling him he was more than a bully. Even so she felt closer to Nelson now more than ever. Nelson Muntz, a person who doesn't care Lisa is trans. Who would have thought. With that Lisa went home as she had a big weekend in front of her.