Thinking It Though

Homer was sitting on the bed in the bedroom thinking. He was looking at some pictures of Luke, err Lisa when he, or she was a baby. Homer just wanted to have a normal family. He was tired of everyone in town judging them and talking behind their backs. Luke was the one thing that kept that from being all the time. Now was that all going to go away because his kid had some sort of stupid gender problem?

"Damn Flanders never has these problems. His family is perfect." Homer mumbled to himself jealousy. In truth he was jealous of Ned. Ned was everything Homer wasn't. He was successful, loved by many, and was in much better shape. Homer could only blame himself for his problems. The last couple weeks had been great and he thought nothing could ruin it. He didn't expect to see his boy wearing a dress and demanding to be a girl when he got home. Why would he want to be one anyway, it doesn't make sense. Homer heard the door open and close.

"Homie, are you okay?" It was Marge. She stood there looking sympathetic looking over at Homer.

"I don't know, Marge. It's just, why can't we be a normal family? There's always a problem going on with us."

""Since when do you care about normality, Homer? I don't think buying a donut shop for oneself is entirely normal." Marge said with a little harshness to it.

"I don't know. A lot of people in town find us annoying and some even full on hate us. This thing with Luke will only make them do more so." Homer defended himself.

"Lisa, Homer. Her name is Lisa" Marge had a little anger on her voice. She really wasn't angry but she wanted Homer to think he was so he'd be less likely to make that mistake again. 

"But why does Luke, i mean Lisa want to be a girl. What's wrong with the way he-she is." Homer kept messing up. Marge sat on the bed by him.

"I don't know, Homer. It breaks my heart to lose my boy. It's almost like seeing your child die. I don't fully know why Lisa feels this way but she does. But I don't want her to end up killing herself because we didn't listen, I'm just trying to make her happy. This is the happiest I've seen her in a long time. Today she smiled, laughed, and was more open to me than ever. I think this is something he does hold dear to her and we have to be there for her. She's held it in for years and now she can truly be free. I know this is hard for you but I want you to be there for her. Luke or Lisa she's your child and as her father you'll do anything to make her happy." Homer sat there for a moment thinking about it. 

"Alright, Marge. I'll try. I still find this whole thing confusing though. Why would she want to be a girl when she's a boy? Hasn't she ever looked down before?" Marge smiled at this. Homer was pretty new to this so he seemed very innocent about it. It wasn't really his thought it was just all a part of being him.

"I don't think that's how it works for her, Homer. She knows it's there she just doesn't want it to be there." 

"She wants her manhood off?" Homer asked full of shock. He didn't think Lisa wanted to go that far, wouldn't that hurt? 

"Well, yes, eventually. I think she's too young now but one day she'll like it gone so she can feel like a true girl. This will also come with hormones, therapy, and more. It's going to be expensive; that's why I want you to delay this Lard Lad thing."

"WHAT" But Marge I really want this place. I'm so close to getting it and having it all be mine." Homer said shocked that Marge said that. 

"Homer. You need to ask yourself this. Do you love Lard Lad more or Lisa? Do you want to put a donut shop in favor of your child's own happiness? I know the father you are and you're not the one who would choose what he wants. And even when he does he feels full regret and will do anything to fix it. Please don't but it, at least for now. Let's just see now things go first and later on we'll think about it."