A Matter Of Faith

The night they got back from the doctors Lisa and Marge told all about what happened. That Lisa has GID and the doctor said she can live as a girl. Marge can call the school and try to get her registered as female instead. 

"I think I'll call the school tomorrow. Hopefully they will allow it and that will be the end of that." Marge said as the family ate dinner.

"And if they won't?" Lisa asked with worry in her voice.

"Then we'll fight. Springfield Elementary already has a bad reputation." She looked over at Bart with narrow eyes who smiled nervously back. "We will fight and win and will know never to mess with Lisa Simpson." Marge talked back in a stern voice. "And, Homer. You'll be talking to that manager tomorrow will you?" Homer looked disappointed. 

"Yeah. I'll tell him that a family problem has come up and I need more time to think about it." A sad Homer uttered.

"Good. I know you don't like it but we have a bigger issue. And don't do anything stupid like eat a donut given to you by the devil."

"Um, Mom" Bart spoke. "That never happened that was non-canon."

"Oh, right." She laughed a little. The family ate a little more when Lisa asked a question. 

"Can I go to church as a girl tomorrow?" The family looked at her with surprise. Lisa hadn't worn a dress in public yet other than on her mother-daughter day with Marge and the trip to the therapist, the latter being mostly in a doctors room away from public eye. Marge made a concerned face.

"Are you sure you're ready, Sweetie? Some of the people might be shocked when they see you in a dress." 

"Yes, I'm ready!" Lisa slammed her hands on the table. "I'm tired of being someone I'm not. I'm ready to show them who I really am. I'm not scared anymore. I'm not scared of you talking to the school either. You're right. Mom. It doesn't matter what they say. I'm still a girl even if they go against me. They allow women to wear pants so why can't I wear a dress?" Lisa ranted. She was glaring at her family waiting for their answer.

"I think a woman wearing pants is a bit different than someone identifying as the other gender, Lisa. Yours's is a bit more extreme. Once you go to church tomorrow as a girl everyone will know and it might spread like wildfire."

"That's what I want." Lisa crossed her arms." Marge thought about debating it but saw Lisa wasn't going to budge.

"All right. I'll iron out your dress tonight so it looks extra nice for tomorrow. Just be prepared that you might get some bad looks tomorrow and maybe even some comments." Marge said concerned. 

Lisa calmed down a little and sat down. "I know, mom. It's just, I've waited such a long time for this. I just can't believe it's coming true. I won't want this wish to be taken away." Marge put her hand on Lisa's hand.

 "Lisa. Despite what you were born with you are a girl. God made sure of that by giving you the soul of one. Maybe he made a mistake with your body, or, he wants you to prove to the world you're a girl with or without it. Being a girl is all in your heart and mind. You've shown me you are not a boy. In fact, you are more female than anyone I know. You are everything it means to be a girl, and more."

"Really?" Lisa said happily. Marge nodded her head.

"Lisa." Bart joined in. "You are the worst brother ever. You are everything that a boy shouldn't be. You femininity disgust me. In fact, as a member of the male gender I'm declaring that you don't have the right or pride to be one of us. I am booting you out for being female."