Mirror Image

The town of Springfield was home to the Simpson family. They were just like any other family there. Okay, that's a lie. The Flanders were better; as were the Milhouses, the Nahasapeemapeilons, even the Wiggums. Homer and Marge somehow seemed to always make it work out though. The two had three kids. There was the eldest Bart, who was an underachiever and proud of it. Bart was known for his pranks, often giving him detention and strangles from his dad. There was the middle child Luke. He was the smartest and a bit quiet. He did play the sax and did like to learn. Then there was Maggie, well, she's a baby do they don't know much about here yet. Luke was a nice kid overall. He never got in trouble at school and was on top of his class. Mr. Largo also thought Luke was good with his sax, though a bit distracting at times. Luke's teacher Mrs. Hoover and Principal Skinner both agreed he was a great student. However, they were worried by his lack of friends. He often kept to himself even in music class. Mr. Skinner decided he was going to talk to Luke about it and try to get something out of possible. Why would a smart did be like this?

It was a new mourning as Luke got up for school. He went into the bathroom and looked at his reflection. The reflection he hated so much. Luke hated the fact that he was a boy. Most said he looked like a boy version of Maggie. He had wished he could be a girl since Kindergarten. He longed to wear dresses, have long hair, and maybe eventually become a mom. For a few years now he had been wearing his moms clothes whenever he had the chance. The bad thing was that they were too big. Luke knew in a few years he would enter puberty and it would be downhill from there. If he has his father's genes then we would lose his hair and possibly gain weight as well. If only Maggie were a few years older he could wear hers. He took his toothbrush and started brushing his teeth. 

"Well, another day as Luke Simpson." Luke signed sadly knowing that wouldn't change. He went downstairs to breakfast where Homer and Bart were eating breakfast. Marge was making some pancakes.

"Good Morning, sweetie. I made some pancakes for breakfast." Marge said. "I even put in some chocolate chips." 

"Thanks, Mom"- Luke replied quietly. Marge quickly took notice of this.

"Luke. Is everything okay? I've noticed you been really down lately. You're getting up later, you skip breakfast, and you hide in your room. Is there something you want to tell me?"

Luke didn't want to worry Marge, not to mention he didn't want to speak of his little problem. "I'm fine, Mom. Really." 

Marge didn't take it though; she could tell something was wrong. She was a mom after all and could tell when Luke was lying. Homer and Bart were already enough to take care off. She didn't wanna add Luke to the list.

"Luke. You can tell me anything you know that right? I'm just been worried about you. Is it a bully at school who's hurting you. Are you stressed? 

"No! I'm fine." Luke put on a fake smile hoping to fool his mom. It wasn't working clearly. Luke noticed the bus though and ran towers the door. Bart did as well.

"Now Bart!" Marge pointed out. "I don't want the school to call me anymore on any of your pranks. If they do I'll ban all your things you got that, young man?" Luke noticed Bart putting his hand behind his back and crossing his fingers.

"No problem, Mom. I'll be a complete Martin Prince today." Bart left for the bus with Luke right behind him. Marge was hoping to get something out but Luke lept out the door.

"I'll see you later, Mom." Luke went to the bus with Marge watching. There was something wrong with him Marge thought. He's got a secret he's not telling anyone. Marge knew she dad to get it out somehow. Though dealing with Bart's behavior and Maggie being a baby it wouldn't be easy. Marge was told that while Luke didn't hang out with other kids that much when he did it was usually girls. She knew Janey was Luke's best friend and the twins Sherri and Terri were also his friends. Maybe he's gay and doesn't know it yet or is to scared to tell us Marge thought again. Marge did also notice some of here clothes were missing but this didn't have anything to do with Luke, does it? Marge noticed Homer was still there.