Thirty-Three.

𝕽𝖆𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝕽𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘

𝕽𝖆𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝕽𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘

I burst through the doors of the hospital and quickly found the reception desk. She tapped away at the computer as if she didn't see me standing here.

"Hello? Can a nigga get some service?" I spat and the receptionist cut her eyes at me and sighed.

"I'm looking for Jamari Rivers."

"Sorry, he's being guarded by police at this moment since he is a prisoner but you knew that already." I gritted my teeth and dug my fingers into the desk.

"Is there a way I can see-"

"No, now please go away."

I bit my bottom lip and nodded, beating my fist into the palm of my hand. I turned to leave when I saw a doctor walking down the hall. I quickly called out to the doctor and jogged towards him.

"Aye, excuse me. Is there a way I can see Jamari Rivers? I'm his brother and I got a call that he was injured."

"Sorry, he can't have any visitors at this time." The doctor turned to walk away and I scrambled for my wallet.

"Wait! Please, I can pay whatever price." The doctor looked at me then at my wallet.

******

"I can only squeeze you in for 15 minutes so make the most of it." I nodded as I entered the room and my heart broke to pieces once I saw Jamari hooked up to machines. The doctor had informed me that he had several fractured ribs and a blow to the head which resulted in a concussion.

I grabbed a chair and pulled it towards his bed, sitting down and shaking my head.

"Jamari how the hell did you get yourself in this mess? Over Nureila? Fuck man." I looked up and he started to move a bit in his sleep and his eye popped open. He tried to open his mouth but I shook my head and pointed to my ear.

"Them drug gon knock yo ass out again soon so imma be quick. I'm getting you out of here. I mean that shit. Yeah, you pulled some foul ass shit but I'm willing to forgive you since you're my brother. We family." I placed my hand on top of his and squeezed it.

"Leave everything to me." I stood up and exited the room, nodding at the guards as I left.

" I stood up and exited the room, nodding at the guards as I left